Custom suspension links

Robot

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys , a friend of mine that lives around the corner used to work at a shop that specializes in corvette brakes and suspension components. I spoke to the shop manager about if they just did them for corvettes and he said they could do it for any car as long as they have the dimensions and they could do adapters for the mounting points. I figure I could get a deal because my friend is still in good with them. When I find out, I will let you know.

Hey guys , a friend of mine that lives around the corner used to work at a shop that specializes in corvette brakes and suspension components. I spoke to the shop manager about if they just did them for corvettes and he said they could do it for any car as long as they have the dimensions and they could do adapters for the mounting points. I figure I could get a deal because my friend is still in good with them. When I find out, I will let you know.

I'm down for a set of adjustable uppers front and rear as long as it uses some generally available balljoint and bushings.

I'm down for a set of adjustable uppers front and rear as long as it uses some generally available balljoint and bushings.
I asked him about that too and he said that they can make adapters for any size any one wants. I'll have to go over there and snap some photos of what they have they look pretty cool I think they may be tubular too like maybe not solid I'm not sure if anyone's interested in that kind of stuff but if they go on Corvette and everything I'm sure they're pretty strong. And, they can make them in all different colors too.

I don't really care what size/style balljoint or bushing is used as much as I care about being able to replace the balljoint and bushings with something I can easily get from Napa or Rock Auto. In other words these need to be serviceable since they are a one-off custom item.

I don't really care what size/style balljoint or bushing is used as much as I care about being able to replace the balljoint and bushings with something I can easily get from Napa or Rock Auto. In other words these need to be serviceable since they are a one-off custom item.

This. I would also be interested in F/R upper arms....

If you plan on buying a set of one-offs from a small shop like this, it's a good idea to order two sets so as to have extras around in the event of an accident or some jackass shop doing something wrong and damaging them. Otherwise, 5 years down the road you might find yourself having to reinstall a set of factory arms because the shop went out of business or is no longer interested in making them.

We're talking about the straight parts here folks like the links for the stabilizer bar and toe links.

OK, I just talked to my friend about the parts. He says the Corvette market is getting stagnant and they may have to go out of business in the next couple of years. That being said, they would welcome any new business dealing with suspension components. So, bring it on fellas! I need a list of some desired parts for the LS and the MKVIII too. Oh and guess what, they do composites too. How cool would that be to be the catalyst in saving a small company and some good jobs.

Include all suspension parts even upper and lower control arms. Once I get a list, I will present it to the shop.

Cool. Hope this works out.

If you plan on buying a set of one-offs from a small shop like this, it's a good idea to order two sets so as to have extras around in the event of an accident or some jackass shop doing something wrong and damaging them. Otherwise, 5 years down the road you might find yourself having to reinstall a set of factory arms because the shop went out of business or is no longer interested in making them.

OK, I just talked to my friend about the parts. He says the Corvette market is getting stagnant and they may have to go out of business in the next couple of years. That being said, they would welcome any new business dealing with suspension components. So, bring it on fellas! I need a list of some desired parts for the LS and the MKVIII too. Oh and guess what, they do composites too. How cool would that be to be the catalyst in saving a small company and some good jobs.

Include all suspension parts even upper and lower control arms. Once I get a list, I will present it to the shop.

hmmm.jpg

I took pics of some of the components but tap a talk is not allowing me to attach pics.

Had to upload pics via Desktop

Sorry for the wait.

These are tubular for adjustability's sake and are made of some sort of very strong steel alloy. The shop manager recommended reusing the aluminum control arms because in his words "Those parts are better than anything a Vette will ever see outside of a full race setup". It sounds like they have the ability to machine in ball joints and such.

I need a wish list from anyone interested in these parts.

Tubular adjustable upper control arms for the front and rear....

Looking at the second picture in #14, you can easily see that the tube setting slanted has ends that are swedged and internally threaded. These tubes are standard circle track parts and are available in 1/2 inch increments and various diameters/threads. They cost about $10-$15 depending on the details. Please see my new thread regarding using them to make rear radius rods for my '02.

KS

The shop manager recommended reusing the aluminum control arms because in his words "Those parts are better than anything a Vette will ever see outside of a full race setup".

That shop manager does not understand why you use adjustable upper control arms then. If he said that about the LOWERS then that statement would make sense.

Judging from the pics it doesn't look like they are set-up to do tubular upper control arms. That all looks like 4-link rear end stuff. The only complex piece I see is the cast control arm which may very well be an OEM piece and the sway bar.

There's an idea, an adjustable tubular sway bar for an LS. Although the stocker does a damn fine job.

That shop manager does not understand why you use adjustable upper control arms then. If he said that about the LOWERS then that statement would make sense.

Judging from the pics it doesn't look like they are set-up to do tubular upper control arms. That all looks like 4-link rear end stuff. The only complex piece I see is the cast control arm which may very well be an OEM piece and the sway bar.

There's an idea, an adjustable tubular sway bar for an LS. Although the stocker does a damn fine job.

I don't understand what you mean by adjustable upper control arm. Are you referring to the upper A arm? Maybe adjusting the angle of the mounting? I know you could possibly have links to adjust but as far as the control arm itself, I must be missing something. Enlighten me please.

Members online

Back