Custom Sub Box For 00-06 Lincolc Ls

LincolnLSpunk156

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been a long time reader of the great posts here, but never have i posted myself. I guess untill now i really never had anything worth getting imput on untill now. My company has just made a prototype subwoofer box specificlly for the Lincoln LS. This box is designed to fit in the wheel well of the trunk. We basiclly took the useless space in the side well of your trunk and utilized it to it's fullest. It's made outta 3/4 inch MDF and a high density fiberglass cloth, made with a seamless design this box will handle anything you can throw at it. This one was designed for a 12 inch sub, but if feedback is positive we will also design a 8 inch and a 15 inch. The one problem I know anyone that has a stereo in there LS has come across is what happens when you have a flat or need to get to the battery, you have to unhook your speakers and remove them. Well problem solved, you can access your spare and battery without even moving the box. It's carpeted in OEM color match carpet so it blend right in with the rest of the carpet. I've included some pictures and I'd greatly appreciate you imput on this product, let me know if you like it, if you would buy one, how you would want it, what i can change about it to make it better, or anything that you think is important. If you want to email me something specific you can email me at crustbomb@aol.com thanx for checking this out, and i look forward to getting your feedback

DSC00704.JPG

DSC00716.JPG

DSC00713.JPG

DSC00714.JPG

DSC00715.JPG

DSC00707.JPG

DSC00708.JPG

DSC00709.JPG

DSC00710.JPG

DSC00711.JPG

We don't exactly know yet, were trying to get some imput. I've seen these things going anywhere from 299-799. Let me know what you would pay for it. Give me anyother feedback also

That actually looks pretty good. Are you gonna make a "right" side box too?

that hot ..... I love the battery in the trunk thing but when I come to systmes it sucks it you have a big box or something like this you have to pull it out to get under there to jump the car....Why didnt ford/Lincoln Put a positive post under the hood like all the others....Its stupid....

I need to make a box for my 2 L7's I like this too Im gonna have to show a buddy and let im know

Yeah, we are planning on making a passenger side to match if demand is high enough.... we were also tossing around the possibility of a amp rack to fit in the same area..... we need about 1-2 weeks to make the mold and then we can be putting these things out soon..... i acully put the prototype on ebay to see the demand....so if you want this thing now bid on it...... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9711673376&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1 also on this page are some more specs on it.......

interesting.. kinda steep price for a box.. but im assuming it would be both sides for that price range.. or so i hope.. i woulda bought it if i didnt already have a custom trunk.. that and i doubt the L7's would fit in there.. looks kinda weird facing in.. but it send more air to the inside of the car.. it looks a little out of place though.. the new dodge neon SRT comes with an enclosure like this one but its hidden.. i would take a look at something like that...

i know which ones your talking about.... most of the ones that mount flush like that are made for either a 8 or a 10 inch sub... this is for a 12.... they are also primarily made outta wood... which takes away alot of the look..... the problem that we ran into with the design of this car's box is that the trunk arm still needs to shut..... and in order to have a decent mounting depth for the sub and also enough air space, it does have to stick out.... take a look at some of the flat front boxes, and then look at this..... even tho it sticks out a tad, I can say that it defiently looks better....... as for the kickers... were looking into those too..... so many options.... we just don't know which will fly and which will flop..... it's way to expensive to develop all these differnt boxes if were only gonna sell a few here or there... thats where you guys come in.... tell me what you would buy....

wow i really like that... its soo true i had a flat 3 months ago and takeing the speakers capacitor ect out was a .... but i think you should really do the passenger side too... i would buy both for about 300

well.. if u can make it for 2 twelves that fit solo barics.. i would go for it.. and its something ppl would look into.. but ur kinda late to tap into that market.. didnt the last LS come off the line today? it will fly for ppl beggining to hook up the car.. but i wouldnt change my set up for this.. maybe if it comes fiber glassed or something.. it all depends u know.. and how much was that price again? A custom box here is about 200 in miami.. for 799 i can do a complete trunk set up with amprank and 2 TV's wired and installed u know.. so let me know what im gettin for my money..

lookin at them again.. if u fab one of for the solo's and show me pics of it.. i might purchase both sides for about 300.. mainly cause its custom.. but i have L7's.. i want to make sure i have a ported box and i want enough air space.. if u can make that happen.. let me know

you'd acully be surprized, it's a good size.... airspace is about 1 cubic foot which is about average for what a decent 12 will need

as far as the L7... they only need .88 cubic feet in a sealed box.... the need about 1.75 in a vented box... which will be bigger than the one posted now.... sealed i can do no problem and keep it about the same size... let me know exactly how you'd want them.....where the speakers point..... angle, towards front of car towards rear of car..... carpet, leather, painted..... i'll try to put something together

ABSOLUTLEY... all i would need to recess the sub would be the exact demensions of the sub...we've done the recessed sub and it looks great.... let me know if your serious about this and we'll work something out

i dont care what the finish is.. i probably would prefer it in wood.. so i can paint it and fiberglass the whole trunk and make it all look like one peice.. it gives me enough room to do anything I want with the TV's.. and the amps.. let me contemplate it a little..

See the L7's dont sound all that great in a small sealed box....I have a small sealed box in the ls and I had a ported box in the truck(i know there is a difference ) but I mean sound wise the ported boxs sound better....Im just gonna have to live with the fact If I get a flat I need to call home and get the tire sent out or Take the Entire System apart...I want to build a box this month for the L7's

I think its gonna be a toss up 50/50 carpeted to match/wood so they can fiberglass...

Good Job once again...I do like it and If I was running smaller subs I would be all Over these

ya.. i prefer my l7's ported.. i have a small sealed box now and it has more potential..

hey love that box but uummm how about us Mark VII and VIII owners can your company come up with a box for these 2 cars especially the Mark VII let a brotha know from the 10" to the 12" either dual or single. carpeted or rhino lined. Im thinking anywhere from 100 to 300 for boxes like that for either the MarkVII or VIII

hey bangin..... you do know these boxes are fiberglassed right..... the only part of this box thats made outta MDF is the bottom and the back piece..... i could send you these things primmed and ready to paint so what ever you do with the rest of your trunk you can just paint match these to that.... as for the ports for the L7... i got a few people working on trying to get a 1.75 cubic foot box to work in that area and still allow functionalitly if the trunk..... and i must say it does look like it's gonna be possible, so just keep checking back and as soon as i have some info on it i'll post it.....

as for the mark VII and VIII.... i defiently think it would be able to be done..... i would have to find a car to take a look at to see the specifics...... i'll let ya know what happens with that

please do i will be ready and waiting to see what u come up with ..Of corse i have an 88 LSC oh and im in the market for the dual 12" box ya know im gonna do the either JL or memphis oh and for some reason MTX has caught my attention lately..lol

I would love to have 2 boxes like that... one on either side. I have 2 Alpine type R 12's sitting in my garage cause the box they are in is too tall for the LS deck lid and I really didnt want to hinder access to the spare tire well. $300 for 2 sounds reasonable.... anything more and I might have to fab one up myself. The LS is really needing some bass though.

Keep us informed of production,
N8

Members online

Back