Custom Hidden Subs/Love my trunk space

washin34

LVC Member
Reaction score
I love my space but dont want to sacrifice it for my love of music. Solution: speakers under the seats? I've seeen my buddy do it in his sti and another friend did his IS trey. Any idea if this can work in a first gen LS ? Anyone tried? If I want to find this out what should I be trying to figure out besides measurements?

Cant you just replace the stock subs with some better ones back there? So you want to tear into the rear seats and put subs in the rear seats to be hidden? I have heated rear seats, I'm guessing I coldn't do it to mine unless i get rid of the heated seats function. I interestesd in how this will turn out

Doubt there is enough room under the back seat....

there is no way you can put any sub under any seat in the ls.

yep- the gas tank is right under the back seats and there's no room under the front seats. your best bet is to try to mount something low profile to the rear deck. this would involve relocating the factory amp if your using it, and possibly removing the trunk spring bar.

you could also build the box into the spare tire well if you want to keep the added weight down low for handling purposes. obviously you would lose your spare tire. i did this in my thunderbird and it sounded good.

only place you can hide subs (as stated above) is in the spare tire well, been there, done that, too old to have to call somebody when a flat tire arises. there is no room under the rear seat, and there is next to no room under the front seats, i have had a couple of customers want amps mounted under there and there not be enough room. as long as your not looking for windshield shaking bass (which you wouldn't be able to hide anyway) you can get a lot of good bass out of a little space with quality components, such as a pair of 8"s or a single 10" or 12". a single 10 or 12 wont take up too much space and a pair of 8's and a small enclosure can be mounted under the rear deck lid.

the Subaru's have an option(dealer and factory) for a under the seat sub or two (if you really want to call a 6.5 woofer a sub in a flat box) not to mention the seats are much thinner and lighter in an STI and that they dont have motors and junk inside them

Members online

Back