custom grill

ive looked at my black gen2 grill a bunch of times and cant really come up with anything in my head that would look good

There was a guy here a couple years back that did a mesh grill in his gen 2. I thought I saved a pic, but i cant find it.

I was wondering if anybody knows about how much it would cost to get mine {grill} replated or of another technique to get the bars a little shinier.:)

You can't replate the grill, it's plastic. The factory used a high quality 'plastichrome' (like gold leaf but silver and without the crinkle effect) ..that can't be found aftermarket in large enough sheets to recover the grill without a splice.

The only option on making your grill shinier is to buy new, which, last one I bought, was $450.

Just went through my collection of Mark photos. Don't know how to post pics however. There was a purple Mark with all the front grill bars cut out except four with black mesh. Looked real nice. I've got three cars where they ran the bars side to side, with one only having three thick horizontal bars. My favorite is one with three small headlights on each side and a wire mesh grill with no apparent supports. The grill is comprised of circular holes each maybe a bit smaller than a penny.

Just went through my collection of Mark photos. Don't know how to post pics however. There was a purple Mark with all the front grill bars cut out except four with black mesh.

Sounds like one of Geno's. If not, I know I've seen him post pics of it.

I've got three cars where they ran the bars side to side, with one only having three thick horizontal bars.

This sounds like driller's.

My favorite is one with three small headlights on each side and a wire mesh grill with no apparent supports. The grill is comprised of circular holes each maybe a bit smaller than a penny.

Haven't seen one like that, but it sounds real nice.

Members online

No members online now.
Back