custom dyno tune question

MMAFIGHTER121

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I know a bunch have gone with the "canned" tunes from some members on here and gain 15-20 with an SCT, but I'm curious what some of the guys that have had one-offs done at a dyno have gained. I have a slightly different setup than most, I port and polished my TB, have high flow cats as well as the rest of the exhaust system, the accel coils (correctly rewired), along with the intake. I'm not going to have the time (or money) to get the tune until summers end probably but I am curious what kind of gains I could see, if its really worth it over an SCT tune?

I know a bunch have gone with the "canned" tunes from some members on here and gain 15-20 with an SCT, but I'm curious what some of the guys that have had one-offs done at a dyno have gained. I have a slightly different setup than most, I port and polished my TB, have high flow cats as well as the rest of the exhaust system, the accel coils (correctly rewired), along with the intake. I'm not going to have the time (or money) to get the tune until summers end probably but I am curious what kind of gains I could see, if its really worth it over an SCT tune?

You can never beat a custom tune over a canned tune...it is like buying a suit off the rack or from your personal tailor...I have a canned tune but as soon as I am done modding I am going for a dyno tune...not 100% but I am willing to bet the fastest and best running cars on this site have been dyno tuned.

Dyno-tune compared to canned Predator for my 300C was over 30hp difference. Go dyno-tuned. Best money I spent yet.

plus a dyno tune can point out to you if there are any issues the car may be having like a weak fuel pump

Can't wait to see those results when you get it done. How much of a difference did you notice with the port and polish of the TB

a nice pull, its not massive or anything but its mostly on the low end and responsiveness. also made it a bit louder. I didn't go crazy on them either, just a few hours on a saturday with a dremel and lots of sandpaper. but definitely opened it up more. its not just the throttle body, but the part between the TB and the manifold that needed the most grinding and polishing. it has a big weird hump in it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back