Custom door installs

Bad69Cad

LVC Member
Reaction score
just wondering if any one had any pics of custom door speaker installs. looking into doing one myself in next week or so....

Hows this? Its in a buddies Corvette we built for the SEMA show.It was in the Eclipse booth.It won top ten car of the show.Pretty big honor.I have more pics if you want.

door.jpg

Thats a TV in the upper right hand corner, the crossovers in the lower left corner, and a 4 speaker setup behind the grill.The whole door lights up with these badass blue lights.

Practical? NO. Cool? YES!

Holy crap, I don't know if I want to see the rest of the car! That is amazing. All that in one door. I bet that sucker is heavy now. Very, very cool.

Heres a couple more.There are 5 amps that ALL pivot up on linear actuators and then swivel on more actuators.And one that comes up in the middle that the amp flips 180 degrees and has a TV mounted on the back side of it.
The sub enclosure was built INTO the rear bumper.All you see of the enclosure is the fibeglass front side, but if you flip the license plate down, there is a plexi window that aloows you to see into the sub enclosure.
The actuation is all controlled by a computer and while at a show goes through its "cycle" every 60 seconds.It can also be controlled by remote control.
Oh, ya the entire rear hatch is on actuators as well.So in the cycle, the hatch opens, two bookend amps raise up, then swivel out, then two more do the same from a different spot, and then the center one comes up and flips 180 to reveal the TV.

door2.jpg

door3.jpg

door4.jpg

Nice!!

thats definetly a nice door and id love some more pics of it. a question for u also did u guys use the existing door as a base or completely construct new?

Members online

Back