custom blue interior compass,climate control lights

mk790lsc

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey i figured i show you some of the custom work ive been doing to my mark vii. these are pics of the interior lights that i changed. i changed the lighting of the clock compass outside temp climate control all to this bright blue.insted of the green it was. i still am working on some of the other lights.

Untitled.jpg

climate.jpg

clock 2.jpg

clock.jpg

dimmer.jpg

ok well thats the pain. you have to take them all apart. some of them you have to remove things some you have to chage lens some you have to changed blubs. if your looking to do it you can go alot of colors and i can right out the exact step by step.

mk790lsc said:
ok well thats the pain. you have to take them all apart. some of them you have to remove things some you have to chage lens some you have to changed blubs. if your looking to do it you can go alot of colors and i can right out the exact step by step.

dude, I am interested...That is sweet looking as all get out, not to
mention it will match my blue neon underbody kit....Katz

lights.jpg

I must know how.......I have changed all interior bulbs to red.....All the is left is these items you mention! e-mail me. I work for electronics company and I figured i would have to order red displays and solder them in.

Sure it is.....find the part number on the back of the LCD display after un-soldering it or removing it and do an obsolete parts search with electronic vendors and we might get lucky to find a RED display.....other wise you will have to find the pin outs on the curcuit and rewire the millions of RED displays you can find today (digikey.com)

guys i working on a step by step for what it will take to change the colors. i wont lie some parts are very easy but some are a real pain. im working on a set right at this moment that are going to be red. so with the parts list an step by step on how to do it . i will post it. write back to me and tell what you think

mk790lsc said:
guys i working on a step by step for what it will take to change the colors. i wont lie some parts are very easy but some are a real pain. im working on a set right at this moment that are going to be red. so with the parts list an step by step on how to do it . i will post it. write back to me and tell what you think

I am all for it. I am sure I speak for the rest of the guys when I say that we appreciate you sharing your hard work and knowledge with the rest of us.

Members online

No members online now.
Back