curious

T.O.MK8

LVC Member
Reaction score
has anyone raced a dodge stealth rt (non-turbo), my buddy at work has one and says hell crush me, he will have it out soon, so well see what happens, you can bet if he does beat me ill be adding stuff to change that real quick!!!!!

If you have a Gen 1 then manual shift with the tc and od off and if he is stock he is FINISHED!!! Stock Gen 1 Marks run 14.60 range at 96-97 mph all day.

thanks man, my buddys got a k&n intake and a full exhaust done, hes in the proccess of sending out his computer to be re programmed, i think hes worried, we have been good friends since grade 6 so we are always in competition

he is not finished. off the line that awd will launch a lot harder. on the highway your probably have him.

67Continental said:
he is not finished. off the line that awd will launch a lot harder. on the highway your probably have him.

He IS finished if the Mark hooks. That Mitsu is a 15.50 car at best. The Mark comes on like a gang buster after 3k. MAKE SURE you run him in a 1/4 mile.

ONEBADMK8 said:
He IS finished if the Mark hooks. That Mitsu is a 15.50 car at best. The Mark comes on like a gang buster after 3k. MAKE SURE you run him in a 1/4 mile.

sorry i thought he was talking turbo, my mistake. i retract my previous statement. it's the turbo that runs 14.2 in the quarter.

ONEBADMK8 said:
If you have a Gen 1 then manual shift with the tc and od off and if he is stock he is FINISHED!!! Stock Gen 1 Marks run 14.60 range at 96-97 mph all day.

BS i could only get at best a 15.4 out of mine. Am i raceing mine diffrently, tell me couse im going to the track this wednesday to see how much the stall helped.

-Eric

Oh its far from BS. Myself and many other peole have done this too. MANY people.

Heat the radials until you get a SMALL amount of hazy smoke. Practice launching the car too. You have to nail the car to the floor from a dead stop for a killer launch and you may blow the tires off the rims. Then make sure the TC and OD is off, manual shift dead on at 6k.

These times also are dependeant on a proper delivering up to par fuel pump, good plugs, good wires and a clean fuel filter. If you hve high mileage and he pump is stock you will not see these times.

Straight track, it could be anyone's race, but look out in street/ road course type racing. I rode in a stealth that had all wheel steering and the cornering was insane. If he's going through the turns the way my buddy's car did, you're done.

your not wrong, although my buddys is not 4 wheel steering, it is unreal in the corners, i took him on the highway in my Mark and he admitted my car pulls alot harder, ill let everyone know what happens at the end of march when he gets it out!!!! should be a good run no doubt.

ONEBADMK8 said:
Oh its far from BS. Myself and many other peole have done this too. MANY people.

Heat the radials until you get a SMALL amount of hazy smoke. Practice launching the car too. You have to nail the car to the floor from a dead stop for a killer launch and you may blow the tires off the rims. Then make sure the TC and OD is off, manual shift dead on at 6k.

These times also are dependeant on a proper delivering up to par fuel pump, good plugs, good wires and a clean fuel filter. If you hve high mileage and he pump is stock you will not see these times.

i will try it but i go to a track thats known for spinin.
when you say manuels shift you mean " 1st, up to second, into drive" or start out in drive, couse i was told that was better. how hard is the fuel pump to change?

Its not better by any means unless you have killer chip that will outshift you. If your a stock car then manual is the way to go. You will lose a couple tenths by letting it shift on its own. This has been proven many times.

transarticle.jpg

Last edited:
here is a drag time for a r/t non turbo

1/4 Mile ET: 15.433
1/4 Mile MPH: 90.980
1/8 Mile ET: 10.010
1/8 Mile MPH: 73.120
0-60 Foot ET: 2.453
Temperature F: 0.0
Car Make: Dodge
Car Model: Stealth
Car Type: R/T NA
Car Year: 1991

Mike

T.O.MK8 said:
thanks man, my buddys got a k&n intake and a full exhaust done, hes in the proccess of sending out his computer to be re programmed, i think hes worried, we have been good friends since grade 6 so we are always in competition

lol, its kinda funny...but my great grandma has one with k&n+exhaust on hers, its slow as all getout...and it was me driving. Yes its funny... the mark is a grandma's car, and my grandma owns the hotshot car in this senario...lol. id say ittl run about 15.5-15.7's

supposably eli from the other mark8 site claim to have raced a tt stealth and swears he won. he had a clip and its too dark to see anything :N

Members online

No members online now.
Back