Cure for Kids Car Show!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPSully

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
l_7bbba235cd677cfd823526d24f29a44d.gif

It's official, August 24, 2008. It's a Sunday.....Hope we have a good LVC turnout again...READ THE LETTER BELOW..

HERE IS A LETTER FROM THE COMMITEE

The CURE FOR KIDS CAR SHOW would like to thank everyone who came to our show last year. We would also like to thank all the volunteers who helped out. Together with our sponsors, raffle, donations and car show we were able to raise $5378.00 for The Fisher Family. This year the committee has chosen another child to help. Guildamaria Raposa is a 9 year old little girl who was born with a form of brain injury called Spastic Quadriparetic Cerebral Palsy. Gigi ( her nickname ) also suffers from Epilepsy and Wosterdrought Syndrome. This young girl is developmentally delayed and can not speak, walk, eat or stand on her own. She heavily depends on mom and dad to do everything for her. Her parents do their best but get frustrated because all of the standard therapies they have tried had very litle succeess. The Raposa's are realistic and are not looking for miracles but get frustrated as Gigi watches life pass her by. This years car show will be to help The Raposa Family with the enormous expense of Gigi's therapy. Mom and dad want to take her back to Ability Camp in Canada to participate in an intensive 5 week conductive education therapy program. This unique program as the reputation of making real changes in children's lives. Their medical insurance does not cover any of the expenses for the camp. Gigi did go last year and the family spent over $23000.00 with her at camp, but they are not in a great financial position to go this year. The camp charges $9000.00 for the 5 weeks of camp but the family needs to rent a car, buy food and other necessities while they are at the camp. She made some great steps with the program and they would love to take her back so she can maintain the wonderful gains she made. This years show will be held on August 24, 2008 at BCC..
l_8632fdd8f4bd681813513880b1ed4139.gif

i will definately be attending with the LS, and I may have a second driver take my Mark just to help the cause

i think the word I'm looking for is bump. Common people this is a charity show. Doesnt matter what your ride looks like, help the cause!

Members online

No members online now.
Back