Cup Holders

MikeB

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Is there a different center console, maybe from a different year, I could purchase for the 00 LS8 Sport with bigger cup holders.

I'm not looking for anything ridiculous, just a factory replacement for the top piece of the console that will fit maybe a 20oz bottle instead of a shot glass.

What were they thinking about when they built that POS. :soapbox:
I realize that they had better things to worry about, but why did they go to the trouble of making this mechanical flip out holder that doesn't hold anything other than a 12oz can.

You can't even put your change in it because then your wife decides to close it and you spend the next two weeks trying to find out what that gingling noise is at the bottom of the center console. :bash:
:tmi:

I know exactly what you're talking about. The cupholder is the most user-unfriendly device ever. Even the car cups at most fast food places don't work because only one will fit at a time. Fortunately, I haven't lost any change yet.

I have also looked into larger cup holders, but have not found any.

The console was redesigned in '01 or '02 (can't remember) w/ bigger / better cup holders and can be swapped for your '00. Many have done this. If you can get a console from a bone yard, that would be the least expensive way to go, however you can buy a new console from www.fordpartsnetwork.com (I'm pretty sure).

JohnnyBz00LS said:
The console was redesigned in '01 or '02 (can't remember)
only the '00 has the weird console - 01-02 have the newer one.

Members online

Back