Cts-v

Spidar6996

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone see the artical in MotorTrend about this new car? It has the new LS6 motor in it the same one as in the new Vett. 400 hp what do you all think about that?? Let me know post your thoughts. ~Brian

First impressions:

Handles like a dream, intuitive is best word I can come up with. The CTS-V feels so much better than the BMW M5 which is a handling wonder.

Neck-snapping torque, great power and sound, but very easy to manage. My wife could drive this car. The LS-6 is a big part of why I like this car. I don't think I would have wanted a CTS-V if it had, say, the 320 HP Northstar.

Cabin is very comfortable, quality of materials and fit and finish are excellent. To me, the interior looks very refined, for those who think it looks cheap, there are glue-on wood panel kits, make it look more like a Lexus. I am able to find a comfortable driving postition and moonroof is not in the way. Note that the hood latch is close to the parking brake release and it is easy to pop the hood instead of the brake release. Minor issue.

The electronics are fun and easy enough to program and use. One minor annoyance is the car occasionally flashes a big black and white message on the display suggesting that you turn on the headlights, e.g., as you are driving up the parking garage ramp. I am sure there is some way to disable that feature. Frankly between the navigation, XMRadio, OnStar, voice control, etc., there are so many features it boggles my mind. Almost too much.

All in all, the car has exceeded my high expectations. I cannot think of a better sedan that has come out of Detroit recently.

i owuld definetly get this car! new brakes, suspension, MOTOR!!! manual tranny ....

It's on my "5-year old" list. Awesome car. Too bad Lincoln doesn't have anything in the same category...

Kale

My dealer has one and I like the subtle transformation from a standard CTS very similar to what the M and AMG cars are. That motor is awesome too and I have even seen a video of one beating a Vette! A friend of mine said well the E55 and RS6 are still faster and I replied the V-series cost 50 grand I will spend 5000 in mods intake/exhaust/supercharger and a few grand in suspension mods and have the fastest sedan on the whole planet!

germeezy1 said:
My dealer has one and I like the subtle transformation from a standard CTS very similar to what the M and AMG cars are. That motor is awesome too and I have even seen a video of one beating a Vette! A friend of mine said well the E55 and RS6 are still faster and I replied the V-series cost 50 grand I will spend 5000 in mods intake/exhaust/supercharger and a few grand in suspension mods and have the fastest sedan on the whole planet!

You seem to know your stuff. I agree with a few grand in mods you can do the same thing for a lot less money. :)

Cts V Series

I Was Wondering To Myself What U Guys Thought About It. Its Number 1 On My Buy List. But What About The Concept Cars, Like The Sixteen

Members online

No members online now.
Back