1_XLR

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
if 400HP wasn't enough ....Try 600!! :eek:
Magnuson Products

ctsv-2.jpg

ctsv-3.jpg

More info on the Magnuson SC

Some additional information; the Magnuson SC will not be available until after the November SEMA convention in Vegas.
The unit shown in the pictures is probably not anywhere close to the production model. Note how high the SC sits atop the motor and the disconnected air intake hose (pipe), from the air cleaner.
IMHO; This is the preferred type of SC, as the boost is available lower down into the RPM range when compared to a centrifugal blower. My next CTS-V motor mod will be be either the Magnuson or I'm going whole hog with a 427. This will probably done in the first quarter of 2005. :steering

Parasitic load and packaging issues usually limit the use of Roots type blowers on production cars don't they?
I think I'd probably use a Procharger myself.

Last edited:
Katshot said:
Parasitic load and packaging issues usually limit the use of Roots type blowers on production cars don't they?

I would not think that there is a packaging issue as all the SC offered by Ford and Pontiac are the root type blower. I don't think any American manufacturer offers a centrifugal blower on their production motors. There are parasitic losses on centrifugal blower also, as they are belt driven.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back