CTS-V Mods

stone17

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I installed my Corsa exhaust and katech short shift about 2 weeks ago.
Car sound great and shift better.

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0224.jpg

IMAG0223.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

Katech Shifter
IMAG0219.jpg

Did you look into the possibilities of accelerated corrosion from your wrap? (I'm collecting data on this question.)

KS

Did you look into the possibilities of accelerated corrosion from your wrap? (I'm collecting data on this question.)

KS

The wrap looks like crap but it really cuts down on under hood temps and quiets down the sewing machine sound.

What kind of numbers does that CTS-V have?

Im hoping for 360 rwhp :shifty:
Will know more next Saturday after getting it Dyno tuned.

Mods. Kook Long Tube header, High flow cats, KN Intake, Corsa exhaust.

Yeah,better heads than the LS1.But are they better than the LS2 heads?

I am sure the LS6 cam is larger than the LS2 cam.

I thought the block in the truck was still the LQ9 iron block when they went to the LS2?

Yeah,better heads than the LS1.But are they better than the LS2 heads?

I am sure the LS6 cam is larger than the LS2 cam.

I thought the block in the truck was still the LQ9 iron block when they went to the LS2?

Maybe the head are not better. I know for a fact the L92 heads are the best.

The LS6 intake manifold flow more aggressive then the LS2. Alot of guys pay good money for the LS6 intake manifold to swap into there LS2 engine.

I found this
"an intake manifold and MAF-sensor with higher flow, a camshaft with higher lift and more duration, a higher compression ratio of 10.5:1, sodium filled valves, and a revised oiling system better suited to high lateral acceleration"

I had looked it up to see what the differences were between the two heads,LS6 & LS2,and it seems that they are the same basic head.The differences between them are that the LS6 valves are sodium filled so they are lighter and the chamber is smaller.But someone also says that they are also the same cc.Both heads are also 243 castings with some LS2 heads having a different casting number.

And the L92/LS3 heads are the best out there.I think they even rival the LS7 heads.Those are some serious heads right there.

I had looked it up to see what the differences were between the two heads,LS6 & LS2,and it seems that they are the same basic head.The differences between them are that the LS6 valves are sodium filled so they are lighter and the chamber is smaller.But someone also says that they are also the same cc.Both heads are also 243 castings with some LS2 heads having a different casting number.

And the L92/LS3 heads are the best out there.I think they even rival the LS7 heads.Those are some serious heads right there.

Do you mean LS1 block is the same as the LS6?

The LS2 is a 6.0L

Dyno is done.

Will post the sheet up later this week.

Max Power: 327.54
Max Torque: 318.98
YouTube - ‪2005 CTS-V 1st run‬‏

Max Power: 360.17
Max Torque: 352.34
YouTube - ‪2005 CTS-V 2nd run‬‏

Do you mean LS1 block is the same as the LS6?

The LS2 is a 6.0L

Dyno is done.

Will post the sheet up later this week.

Max Power: 327.54
Max Torque: 318.98

Max Power: 360.17
Max Torque: 352.34
The LS1 and LS6 are the same 346ci aluminum block.The things that are different are the heads,intake,cam and valve train.I am not sure about the crank in the LS6 if it is a cast or forged crank.

The LS6 and LS2 heads are the same from what I had read.

Good guess on what the power would be.360 horspower and 352 lb. of torque is very respectable.The sound is also real nice.

looks great! i have friends who swear by the exhaust wrap. the color of your CTS is different too. i haven't seen it in person but it looks great!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back