Cruise Control Parts

pragmatic

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Everything was working in October. Car was hit hard while parked. I changed bumper, hood and grill in November and when I test drove it the left front bearing was shot. Replaced that and I had lots of clonking from the front end (but the cruise control did work). Replaced left side tie rod end, upper control arm and steering knuckle (with ball joint). Car is now quiet but no cruise.

Before you all say clock spring, radio controls work, no air bag light, I switch on the cruise and when I press "set" the green light comes on. Press cancel and the green light goes off. Press resume it comes back on. Press brake and it goes out. Press set again it comes back on. Press clutch and it goes out. So it seems to me that the electrical switches and the clockspring are working fine.

Should I just change the servo? Or are there any tests I should do first? Ford only lists the cable for ~$30 (9A825) and the servo for ~$450 (part 9C735). I'm assuming the module is with the servo. Ebay has what the seller calls a cruise module (Part # XW4F-9C735-AD). Is this the same part (its for a 2002 Explorer, but he claims 2000 - 2002 LS is same)?

Oh its a 2000 LS V6 with manual transmission, 141,000 miles.

Verify wiring to the servo before replacing the assembly. In particular verify the servo power that comes from the safety switch on the brake master cylinder.

Members online

No members online now.
Back