Cruise control not holding speed

thanks for replying ,yes I did take it off and check the module .It seemed good gears were free cable worked freely , the overall condition was very good as the car only has 25,000 mi on it . Next tried a used one and it was the same . My cruise control will work perfectly for 10 mins or so then shuts off , when I turn off the ignition and start the car it works again for 10 mins only . Everything on the steering wheel controls work , horn , radio control etc ,so I'm thinking the clock spring is ok . It seems like something is turning the servo off , I checked the brake pedal release switch and it works properly also ...thanks for your help ...Dave

thanks for replying ,yes I did take it off and check the module .It seemed good gears were free cable worked freely , the overall condition was very good as the car only has 25,000 mi on it . Next tried a used one and it was the same . My cruise control will work perfectly for 10 mins or so then shuts off , when I turn off the ignition and start the car it works again for 10 mins only . Everything on the steering wheel controls work , horn , radio control etc ,so I'm thinking the clock spring is ok . It seems like something is turning the servo off , I checked the brake pedal release switch and it works properly also ...thanks for your help ...Dave

Crazy thought: The heated seats turn off after 10 minutes. Is there a short in your dash or is it possible someone got things crossed up back there?

Thanks for the input regiment 1 , could be worth investigating since the cruise control shuts off like clock work after 10 mins of the ignition being on , heated seats are something I have never used on this car....Dave

Members online

No members online now.
Back