Cruise control issues

tom-ls

LVC Member
Reaction score
ok so, when i got my car like a year and a bit ago the cruise control worked fine then later on it stopped working a month or two later. First id think clock spring however the horn is still working a year later and my volume buttons and such work fine, not to mention the buttons all light up fine, any one have any ideas what it could be? is it the clock spring or would one think its the actual cruise servo? :(

once the cruise control went out on my 1st gen, problem turned out that the throttle cable came disconnected at the TB.

when you turn on and set the cruise control, does the light in the cluster come on?

When my clockspring went the horn still worked. Cruise wouldn't work, air bag light was on, and volume buttons were screwy.

well i know this wont be much help, but i can tell you my clockspring is bad because of the airbag light. My horn works still, not sure about the radio controls because i have an aftermarket deck, and dont have it set up for steering wheel controls (it was that way when i got the car). but my cruise control works when it wants.. sometimes if i push on and then set+ it works other times i have to push on and then when i push off it turns it on..

like i said i cant really answer your question, but maybe if a couple people can confirm if their other steering wheel controls work or not you can narrow it down to tell if it is your clockspring or something else..

My light comes on but car just doesn't cruise. I think it's the aluminum box in the driver's side front wheel well.

ok so, when i got my car like a year and a bit ago the cruise control worked fine then later on it stopped working a month or two later. First id think clock spring however the horn is still working a year later and my volume buttons and such work fine, not to mention the buttons all light up fine, any one have any ideas what it could be? is it the clock spring or would one think its the actual cruise servo? :(

Same symptoms when my clockspring started failing. It was intermittent for a couple of years before the airbag light started illuminating.

My $.02 is clockspring. They will fail in EVERY car sooner or latter.

My light comes on but car just doesn't cruise. I think it's the aluminum box in the driver's side front wheel well.

your isn't the clock spring (not saying that it is good, but that it is just not the cause of your problem)

op: it could be

Members online

No members online now.
Back