Cruise Control Help

Big Bubba D

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Guys here my situation.
I'm in the process of driving from California to North Carolina in my 2000 Lincoln LS.
Right before I left I had a mechanic friend check the car over and clear all the codes.
On the first day of my drive the Advancetrac light started flashing continually.
After about 10 miles on the road my Cruise Control will shut off and not turn back on.
If I shut the car off and restart it the light continues to flash and the Cruise will work again for about 10 miles of freeway driving.
A couple of times the Check Advancetrac will come up and the light will go solid and the cruise will start to work again as normal.
I've searched and not found anything quite like this on the site that I could find.
Is this an easy fix, or is there a way to disable the advancetrac or cause it to go into tripped mode.
I'm currently in Mississippi and hoping to have cruise for the final 14 hours into Carolina.
Thanks for any help on this.
I don't post much but I've used more information off this board than I'd like to think about.

Ian

I don't think you will be able to fix the car before you continue on (depending on how long your stop is). It may be easiest to take it to a Ford dealer and have the codes read and they will be able to tell you if it is a sensor and which one.

cruise not working

Usually when the cruise messes up its the clock spring. The airbag light comes on and does the 3-2 signal, radio buttons start acting weird, CD player does odd things, horn button stops working.

I've read where under the drivers seat is a connector wire that goes bad too and will cause this problem.

Usually when the cruise messes up its the clock spring. The airbag light comes on and does the 3-2 signal, radio buttons start acting weird, CD player does odd things, horn button stops working.

I've read where under the drivers seat is a connector wire that goes bad too and will cause this problem.

His problem is not the cruise control. It's doing what it is supposed to. His problem is the AdvanceTrac. The very odd way that it is failing is forcing the cruise control to shutdown as a safety feature.

Stop @ any Advance Auto, Auto Zone, O'Rielly's they can check codes for free!

Stop @ any Advance Auto, Auto Zone, O'Rielly's they can check codes for free!

They won't be able to pull any AdvanceTrac codes. Those require a better scan tool than they use.

Members online

No members online now.
Back