Cruise Control Help!! ASAP I am trading the car!!

Celly

LVC Member
Reaction score
I replaced the clock spring in my 02 LS and everything went smooth and worked except the cruise. All the buttons function as they should (turn on, off,resume, cancel) but the vehicle will not engage the set speed. I did pull the battery lead to reset the ECU but that didn't work. I am planning on trading this car in (wifes wishes not mine) but I would like it to work before that. Any ideas? Thanks guys!!

Does the green cruise light come on on the dash?
Have you checked to see if the mechanical throttle cable to the cruise module is correctly routed, connected, and can freely move?
Do the brake lights work correctly?
Is the redundant cruise servo power switch working correctly? (I don't know if this is on the brake pedal or if it is a pressure switch on the master cylinder.)

(The gen I cruise control is a function of a separate module, not firmware in the ECU (PCM) like it is on gen II. In either event, the battery disconnect is a bad idea. It clears all the OBD monitors. I pass on used cars that don't have the monitors complete because I feel like someone has disconnected the battery to turn the check engine light off and is hiding something from me.)

Yes the indicator is coming on. I pulled the soundproof kick panel and drove. I could hear a solenoid clicking when I set the cruise and clicking off when I shut it off. I pulled the cable off the TB and fully extended the cable, I then drove and set the cruise, stopped and checked the cable position....didn't budge. I don't know what it could be. I can't see where it comes through the fire wall so I can't check the other end of the cable. Thanks for your help!!

Yes the indicator is coming on. I pulled the soundproof kick panel and drove. I could hear a solenoid clicking when I set the cruise and clicking off when I shut it off. I pulled the cable off the TB and fully extended the cable, I then drove and set the cruise, stopped and checked the cable position....didn't budge. I don't know what it could be. I can't see where it comes through the fire wall so I can't check the other end of the cable. Thanks for your help!!

It's either the cruise module or the cruise servo power feed. The module is the more likely.

Members online

Back