Credit Card Companies Selling Personal Information

MAC1

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
On CNN there was a program about identity theft. Apparently, banks are allowed to sell our personal information related to credit cards unless we specifically tell them otherwise. There is information in credit card agreements (such as a phone number) advising customers they can opt-out of allowing their personal information from being sold.

It seems that despite the billions of dollars lost to identity theft, banks don't really care since they are putting profit ahead of protecting personal information. So, if your bank tells you its protecting your personal information, don't believe it. Banks primary goal is profit, not protecting customers.

Needless to say, I'm going to opt-out A.S.A.P. Maybe it's too late, but I will do it anyway just to exercise my right to prevent personal information from being disseminated any further. I'll find out whom I have to contact and go from there.

Just wanted to spread the word. Identity theft is out of control and we might as well do what we can to protect ourselves.

Members online

No members online now.
Back