Creaky Steering

Lance1111

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just recently (past 4 days) started having this loud creaking noise coming from my front tires when I am turning. It is much more noticable at slower speeds and seems to be louder when I turn to the left. Honestly, it sounds like a door slowly opening in a horror movie :)

Thanks in advance for any ideas as to what it could be. I plan on taking it in when I get back from LA next week. I figured since I won't be driving it for a week, no sense in spending my money before my trip! :)

I had the same prob...

It's the steering nuckle on either side. Mine got bad on the driver side, not sure on price to fix it, mine was under warranty.

Wow, thats kinda funny this got mentioned. My car just sat at lincoln for an honest 2 days, had a :q:q:q:qty focus rental. Creaky steering, I got it back today, they replaced "Steering Knuckles", Ball Joints, bushings, tierod ends, and front shocks/struts, than aligned it. All was done under warranty, MUCH MUCH MUCH better now :D

Yeah, mine was just in not long ago... whole new balljoint and steering knuckle assemblies..

Without warranty the job will probably be well over $600.. mine was under warranty.

My 2000 LS's tires were squaling also--seized ball joint--out of warrantee--cost $850 CDN + tax. :mad:

Wife's LS just started doing this a couple of days ago. I double-checked and the ball joint is loose like it was in my LS before I replaced them. Oh well...Guess I need to order the knuckle and plan to get dirty. I haven't had to touch my wifes car (other than oil changes) in a year now, so it was about time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back