Creaking Rear Suspension?

TrickVert

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
The right rear suspension is creaking. Anything I should look for that's common on these things before I go into full-blown diagnosis?

Thanks.

Andy

2003 LS V8 Sport

I'm sorry

The checkbook!

Reality though... when does it creak, what seems to make it happen? It could be a lot of things, from control arm bushings to sway bar end links to a bad shock.

:rolleyes: Funny guy!

Noticed it first on slightly rough roads, then found I can make it creak by simply "bouncing" the rear end by pushing on the fender/bumper. Definitely rear suspension, and may be easy to find, just thought I'd look here first instead of possibly chasing my tail.

Maybe I'll get the silicone spray out and start hitting stuff.

Andy

Did you ever find the cause of the creak? Having similar issue and not great when it comes to suspensions.

SEARCH !!!!

it's the TMC induced squeak.

You need rear lower control arms.
Bushings are suffering from dry rot due to old age.

You can press out and press in new bushings if you know what you're doing but in my opinion you'll end up spending the same in both time and money compared to new LCA's

You're also going to need new end links and toe adjust linkages.

GUARENTEED. ...

GLWR

Upper control arms most likely done also.

DAMN rigs beat me to it. Yeah I had the tmc and he was right about the toe links as well. Just get new control arms, I got mine on Amazon new Jaguar parts one was$300 one was$400 but it's been smooth sailing since.

My upper control arms were actually very nice still but your mileage may vary

Squeaking sound is lower control arms.
Klicking sound is upper control arms.

One can duplicate the lower control arm squeak by left hand grabbing the lip of the fender at the wheels 12o'clock position, put right hand on roof and begin to rock car up and down. An up and down rocking motion sorta speed. Do it hard enough and you'll begin to hear the noise.

Hey guys just made an account because I have the dreaded LCA squeak. I was contemplating buying a new LCA for $300 each or trying to press in jag bushings for about $200 for both sides. I was trying to figure out a way that I barely have to spend any money to get them fixed, as mine are not cracked that I can see, just a terrible squeak that make it seem like a 100-year-old car. I was thinking about putting some conditioner on the rubber parts to help moisturize them and not have to make my own grease fittings. I ran across this old video by YouTuber I watch often and decided to give this a try today.

The product used is ATP AT-205 Re-Seal Stops Leaks (8 Ounce Bottle). Basically you just spray all the rubber parts, I did my swaybar, upper control arm, lower control arm, and where the shock attaches to the knuckle.

I sprayed both sides with the product and took it for a ride, even though Scotty said to let it sit for a day, but figured driving on it just for a few minutes would help move it around and better cover the bushings. Anyways after I put the tires back on (about an hour to from the time to jack up the car, spray it, and let it soak in) I drove it, it was much better but not completely gone (still a faint squeak, but I would be satisfied if it stays like that compared to what it used to be). I let it sit in front of my house for about six hours and decided to bounce the car the way I could normally be able to hear it and………. absolutely nothing. So I decided to bounce it really vigorously still nothing!!!!! I am anxious to drive it in the next day or two to see how it hold up, but so far it looks like the solution which I, and many others have been looking for. If anyone knows a better place to post this so more people can see this please let me know.

I will keep you guys updated in the next few days.

Last edited:
Hey guys just made an account because I have the dreaded LCA squeak. I was contemplating buying a new LCA for $300 each or trying to press in jag bushings for about $200 for both sides. I was trying to figure out a way that I barely have to spend any money to get them fixed, as mine are not cracked that I can see, just a terrible squeak that make it seem like a 100-year-old car. I was thinking about putting some conditioner on the rubber parts to help moisturize them and not have to make my own grease fittings. I ran across this old video by YouTuber I watch often and decided to give this a try today.

After I sprayed both sides with the stuff and took it for a ride, even though Scotty said to let it sit for a day, but figured driving on it just for a few minutes would help move it around and better cover the bushings. Anyways after I put the tires back on (about an hour to from the time to jack up the car, spray it, and let it soak in) I drove it, it was much better but not completely gone (still a faint squeak, but I would be satisfied if it stays like that compared to what it used to be). I let it sit in front of my house for about six hours and decided to bounce the car the way I could normally be able to hear it and………. absolutely nothing. So I decided to bounce it really vigorously still nothing!!!!! I am anxious to drive it in the next day or two to see how it hold up, but so far it looks like the solution which I, and many others have been looking for. If anyone knows a better place to post this so more people can see this please let me know.

I will keep you guys updated in the next few days.

Have same issue. I'm gonna try this before I spend money on new parts.

Drove the LS today and decided to give it a test. I went over bumps, dips, and all sorts of terrain and not a sound. I am hopeful that this will be a permanent solution, or would last at least a few year before anything would need to be reapplied.

So far so good guys like I said I will keep you posted. The real test is going to be when it is freezing out with salt all over the roads.

Members online

Back