Crankshaft Position Sensor

jokken

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
guys, the dealer is quoting me $500 to change out the crank position sensor. I have the 3.0l 6cyl manual 2000 LS. I know this is a bit much since it is a <$50 part. but is it even close to reasonable? dealer says it is the cause of my no start and the alternator and other parts need to come out first. I'd probably look into doing this myself but my schedule allows for 0 free time, : (

thnks for the help

The crank sensor is easy to change, it is near the transmission.
It sounds like the cam sensor.
Crank or cam sensor?

Sorry they changed the location around in 2002. It may be right, I'm not sure where it is on a 2000. The other side of the engine in 2000.

If I remember right it was pretty easy to swap out my 2000 V6 Crank sensor. Kinda just like the Lincoln Mk8 one. Pass side of engine up front by the balancer.

thanks guys. that makes me feel a bit better about the price. I was talking to a mechanic on justanswer and he says that price is about right if you include diag fee. which is $110 at this dealer.

man, I wish I had the time to be on this forum more, i used to read and post almost everyday. well, that was years ago. i guess that's a testament to the car tho. not many issues since then. or for the life of the car for that matter.

first year, 2000 LS 6cyl manual. this crank sensor is one of the worst problems ive had, 11 years and 109k later.

i did have the trans rebuilt and I did do the valve cover gaskets/coil packs.

the trans you can definitely attribute to my driving. and we all know the valve cover gasket issue.

and i've not been very gentle with it over the years. Im by far less aggressive now than in the beginning, but this car still hits corners like day 1.

satisfied, very satisfied. :D :Beer

satisfied, very satisfied. :D :Beer

Yeah, I think that there were a few lemons made, but for the most part if you keep up with the maintenance, these cars do very well.

thanks guys, paid the dealer to do this CPS a few months ago and the car has been running great again since.

well, i did have one problem. when i picked it up at the dealer, got 1 mile away and it died. arg!!!! It was 10pm at night. Had to get it towed back to the dealer, took 2 hours to go back 1 mile arg!!!! They looked at it the next day and said a air valve was clogged. not sure what that is but I imagine when they had it apart for the CPS they got gunk in one of the vacuum hoses or something arg!!!. after that all was fine whew!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back