Cranks but won't start....seems common

LVC Member
Reaction score
Getting scanner code : P294E -Fuel Air Metering Aux. emission control and P03BA - Ignition system or misfire. Going to try the old unplug and replug crank sensor trick seen posted here and other places, also test for 290-390 ohms on sensor.
Searched all over for codes but only found an old post on mark viii.org with same code but no resolution to problem. Anyone else seen this code and resolved problem?

Those codes don't look right for a Gen2 (going to be a letter usually P and a 4 digit number, P0294, P294E, or P03BA ain't one of them, btw. SM says P02xx codes stop at P0232. P0300 is a general misfire, there is no P03BA), and kinda look like OBDI codes.

Codes...

Yeah go figure. It's a 98 and that's the codes. I've found other posts in other car forums saying the same thing, like these codes don't make sense. If ya google P294E you'll find a post from 'blackicelsc' in the markviii.org forum with the same code! Same problem too but as I said no resolution posted. Also today I got code hell before the car settled on these two consistantly. Got p2c19,p0503,p05a9,p0555,p2c19,p03c5.... and I thought the intermittent leaky front bag was a problem, Uhhh.......

PM him and see if he had a resolution to this? Sounds to me either a bad PCM or bad scan tool.

could very well be a corrupted tune file on the PCM or a corrupted PCM itself.

Members online

Back