Cracking/Leaking intake??

smitty2919

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
wellon my 95 i dont know how long this has been going on for, i would guess about month or two. i have noticed this hissing upon light acceleration so i decided to inspect more. i can "punch" the trottle cable quick and hear a noticeable "swoosh" that is not from the air filter. it is deff coming from around the intake manifold. i sprayed all around with carb cleaner and noticed that the front left and right of where the upper gasket for the IMRC's are made the car slightly stumble when sprayed.

so took alt. off and went to those spots with RTV type sillicone to see if i could lessen the noise....no avail.

has anyone got a cracked intake somehow? anyplace that i can look into for leaks?

thanks guys

the shaft is leaking on the IMRC?

look right behind the coolant crossover tube on the passenger side.
if you look closely you can see the "end" of the shaft.
Spray that area and see if you notice any change.

i did actually on both sides, but not directly on that shaft, i sprayed right above there where the upper IMRC gasket seems to be, then i put some sillicone there and it still does it, but havent resprayed. i can hear it the same as before.

i did actually on both sides, but not directly on that shaft, i sprayed right above there where the upper IMRC gasket seems to be, then i put some sillicone there and it still does it, but havent resprayed. i can hear it the same as before.

well you cant "dab" on silicone and hope it will work.
IF you have a leaking intake gasket, the only hope is to pull the upper intake off and replace the gasket.
probably a 30 minute/1 hour job.

Members online

Back