Cracked air filter box cover - anyone have a good one (2004 LS V8)

lsintoronto

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that my air filter box cover (top piece) is cracked. Looks like previous damage unless my dealer cracked it (unlikely I think) - anyone have a good one that will fit a 2004 LS V8?

Are the air filter "boxes"/compartments the same for all LS years?

Thanks!

"Are the air filter "boxes"/compartments the same for all LS years?"

AFAIK, all gen II V8 will be the same (2003 to 2006). I am sure that the gen I (2000 to 2002) will not fit. I don't know if the V6 and V8 used the same box or not.

I think I have one. I used the stock one to do this ram air mod but I think I still have the top piece

Are you kidding, this thing added hp close to turbo numbers!!!! :rolleyes: it was a fun mod either way and its a better set up than a rain gutter tube or whatever other ppl were using. I have a fat rectangle oair down there.Nothing like getting dirty in the hood of your car. I'll do some tests over thanksgiving week and see if it actually helps or not.

Yeah it did suck air into it, one reason I know there was a black circle on the filter where the air from the tube would hit. I put I little shield so it doesn't hit the cone directly. Hey you know what if I actually prove that there is some gain from this you owe me a paint job like yours...........oh..never mind :D

Yeah it did suck air into it, one reason I know there was a black circle on the filter where the air from the tube would hit. I put I little shield so it doesn't hit the cone directly. Hey you know what if I actually prove that there is some gain from this you owe me a paint job like yours...........oh..never mind :D

lol, this spring im going silver, i painted it more for the summer, not as a daily driver, but once the spring starts coming around imma do alot of body work

Are the air filter "boxes"/compartments the same for all LS years?

Thanks!

no 1st gens bolt right up the the MAF, and 2nd gen are part of the MAF housing.

you could always epoxy it back together, or melt it back together with a blowtorch and a spoon, unless you worried about hoe it looks.

2 years and none in sight huh. Did u end up epoxying it together? I think a lot of the guys that have upraded to CAI would like to keep the stock parts just in case

Yeah, there was one guy in Texas who asked for an offer but I never heard back from him afterwards. I did use epoxy not sure how well it worked - would still like to get a good one.

why not just get an intake??

I may do that now if a stock one isn't found soon. Been focusing on getting my Mustang finished up the last couple years so my time and extra cash has been going there but now that it's finally been tuned last week....I can give the LS some TLC.

I have a stock one that I bought a few months ago but wont be needing it after all. PM me if interested

Members online

No members online now.
Back