Cowl hood

fuzzmancometh

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Have some stuff in the works and would like to go the Cowl hood route. Nuttin too crazy, but can't seem to find one. Anyone know of a company that has em? Anyone on the east coast wanna make one? Let me know!!

Have some stuff in the works and would like to go the Cowl hood route. Nuttin too crazy, but can't seem to find one. Anyone know of a company that has em? Anyone on the east coast wanna make one? Let me know!!
If you log on to google for Cowl Hood, you will find listings for the hoods. I tried Parrt Geek .com and came up with a lot of cowl Hoods but couldn find one 98 mk 8 . Explore a google search and run down 5 or6 places. Summit Racing in Akron Ohio akron Ohio also lists cowl hoods. If after doing that you can't find one ,it would have to be made from your 98. Hoods start at 275.00 w/o paint

Well thank you for the rundown on how to search things on the internet. No offense but I have already done all that and when you go to Summit through Google it comes with a Camaro Cowl Hood which I can't understand. I've searched all the normal places in just need to know if someone has one for sale or is willing to fabricate one, thanks for the insight though cheers

Well thank you for the rundown on how to search things on the internet. No offense but I have already done all that and when you go to Summit through Google it comes with a Camaro Cowl Hood which I can't understand. I've searched all the normal places in just need to know if someone has one for sale or is willing to fabricate one, thanks for the insight though cheers[/ Your welcome

Well thank you for the rundown on how to search things on the internet. No offense but I have already done all that and when you go to Summit through Google it comes with a Camaro Cowl Hood which I can't understand. I've searched all the normal places in just need to know if someone has one for sale or is willing to fabricate one, thanks for the insight though cheers
Your welcome. Looks like you may have to make it out of the 98 hood. I feel cowl part is sold .

Try Andys auto sport.com I see they have cowl scoops to fit the 98

no one makes a gen 2 cowl hood.
make your own.
What about just a cowl for your hood. They list a couple of designs to fit a 98 mk8. Theres no hood for a cowl ready made to paint and install I can find. Appears the cowl has to be fabricated unless the 98 cowl fits your mark.

They sell cowl in several styles at andys hood.com He lists therm to fit a 98 mk 8. Looks s though you can make it using your own hood with the help of a good body man.Did you know I saw a hood for the mark on e bay at a cost of over 2000.00 just for the hood new.

Members online

No members online now.
Back