Cowl hood

k9t8m

Rollin' Twankies
Reaction score
Ive been working on a little something the past few months; I did 100% of the work, with some instruction from my collision repair teachers. At this stage I have about 50 hours into the project, and its still not done, but its getting there. I still have to block the whole thing, put on some glaze, and it will be ready for high build primer, which is how it will stay untill I get the funds to paint the whole car.

The hood actually got taken off today so i can finish work on it. I put the 10 spokes from the 97 on the 95 last night and I really like the looks.

Enjoy
394156_77_full.jpg

394156_78_full.jpg

n200300436_30096053_374.jpg

n200300436_30096052_90.jpg

I thought about doing a how to since I have pictures of every step, but Im lazy. Maybe sometime in the future I will.

BTW the 95 is outside now, and the 97 is in the garage.

Looks awesome.

I would have gone with a longer version and also removed the 90 degree "end" and made it rake with the windshield, that way it loses that "Chevy" look LOL!

b4nafter.jpg

pm12.jpg

loose1.jpg

Still looks good though.

hey i built one of those also. long process and its still not even done. im sending it out to a person who works at a body shop to help out the process. i was able to retain onto my stock latch also and the hood prop rods hows your underside look? also is it a real fully functional cowl hood hole cut through hood and all or just pasted ontop. heres a few pics of mine in the process.

sidecowlonmark1.jpg

markcowl2.jpg

frontonmarkcowl1.jpg

cowlhood1.jpg

I thought about making it functional in the begenning, but decided aginst it because i dont have a cold air intake or anything, so i decided to make a patch panel for the back. the scoop is SMC bonded to the top of my stock hood, but because it didnt fit the contour, I also rivited it.

I thought about going with the longer one, but Im not big into having something someone else has. Thats why I bought my Mark in the first place.

sweet deal man. i opted for shorter so i didnt have to play around shaping the front of the cowl onto the front of the hood. mines functional ill take some pics for you. Im far far far from done.
it adds alot of detail to the mark and helps break up the smoothness of the mark
im glad people are making their parts for their marks its awsome knowing you did that and actually how many people really have a cowl hood like ours.
i kno of Geno myself you and one other guy. with dailydriven marks i seen a few full out drag marks with big cowls.
do you have anypics of the process?

Members online

Back