Cost to install lowering springs!!!

black_lincoln

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Everyone around here has been quoting me 350 and up to install lowering springs on my ls. does that sound about right? they said about 5hrs of labor. everyone makes it seem as though its the biggest job ever. i need to check with the lincoln dealership and see what they say.

i was charged $180.. but i was quoted 200-300 when calling around.. you just need to go to yellowpages.com... or crack open that big ass book, and start calling.. you also should talk to the mechanic for a bit to see if he knows his stuff

yea man.. i think i will have to do that yellow pages thing. goodyear quoted me 425 with an alignment also. these people are on crack man. i got alot of calling to do.

If you are mechanically inclined, you could take the shock/spring assemblies (they're not really struts) off yourself and then take them to a garage to have the springs replaced. It's not that difficult and it would save you from being charged a bunch of labor time. Here in So. Cal., my guy does does the 4 spring swap for a hundred bucks.

I've done it a few times on different LS's. Air tools make the job go faster, but are not required. A extra pair of hands is a big help too when it's time to re-install them. One person holding the shock in place while the other starts the nuts on the studs up top.

That's what wives and girlfriends are for.... Right?

And you will still need the 4 wheel alignment too.

I paid $300 to have mine done. Plus another $65 for the alignment. Everyone I talked to made it seem like the biggest pain in the ass.

T_Man said:
If you are mechanically inclined, you could take the shock/spring assemblies (they're not really struts) off yourself and then take them to a garage to have the springs replaced. It's not that difficult and it would save you from being charged a bunch of labor time. Here in So. Cal., my guy does does the 4 spring swap for a hundred bucks.

I've done it a few times on different LS's. Air tools make the job go faster, but are not required. A extra pair of hands is a big help too when it's time to re-install them. One person holding the shock in place while the other starts the nuts on the studs up top.

That's what wives and girlfriends are for.... Right?

And you will still need the 4 wheel alignment too.

Hey T Man - I live pretty close to you (Rancho) can I get the contact Info on the dude who installs them for $100? is he in Fontana?

FFW this weeekend:headbang:

I did my own in 4 hours for free. Air tools and a spring compressor make this job extremely easy.

thanks for the info guys. and yea same here vivid. once i say lincoln ls they look like i said some kinda space mobile, so i already know they would quote me high numbers based on their reaction. i gotta call the dealership on monday to talk to this guy who has been givin the hook up to the ls community. my buddy with an ls refered me to him. he actually works at the dealership but is tired of seeing people getting screwed out of their money for sinple stuff. hopefully i will hear some good news from him, and i would try myself but i dont have alot of tools and i wouldn`t want to stop in the middle of it to go buy a tool i need :-s. i just gotta make a whole bunch of calls if anything. thanks again guys.

i paid 350 for the spring install and exhaust install. it thought it was fair since it was so time consuming.

If anyone needs a detailed write up with pictures on how to change out the front and/or rear springs/shocks.. PM me with your email address..

I lowered mine the past weekend and it took about 3.5 hours from start to finish front and back with ease. You'll definetly need a second hand when you do the rears.. and you can rent that spring compressor from autozone for free...

Members online

No members online now.
Back