Cost of the war

Katshot

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
According to sources linked through the CNN website (so I'm guessing they're legit), the current cost of the war is a little over 140 BILLION dollars! Just to get a "feel" for that number, I did a little math.
That's roughly equal to giving a $500 check to every man, woman and child in the country right now.
It's also roughly equal to buying 3.5 MILLION new Cadillacs!
(price figured at $40,000 ea.)
The worst thing is that we have NO IDEA how much higher the price tag will go.
I can only imagine what that kind of money could have done here in our country. George Bush busts on Kerry's plans for costing too much but HE sure seems to have a money tree in his backyard.
And I'm sure there'll be somebody here that will try to draw a connection between the war and our freedom or national security but these figures are only for the cost of the war and THAT was a voluntary move by the Bush admin and has zero to do with our national security or freedom.

As long as your busy looking up numbers, why don't you look up the cost of 9/11 in New York City alone? Maybe that will make you pull your head out of the sand.
icon7.gif

MonsterMark said:
As long as your busy looking up numbers, why don't you look up the cost of 9/11 in New York City alone? Maybe that will make you pull your head out of the sand.
icon7.gif

I would not mind knowing that total!

Sifrino3 said:
I would not mind knowing that total!
After reading Bryans post I was curious too. Doing a google search didn't help much, but it seems that no one really knows for sure. The actual cost of the attack was probably about $100 billion and the indirect cost is estimated to be about $2 trillion. But you know how numbers are, so I hope this post doesn't set off a round of people refuting these.

Short, medium and long term costs run in the Hundreds of Billions of Dollars to several Trillion like Kbob said.

The war in Iraq is peanuts compared to what this one event will have cost this country over the long run.

People just don't have a clue why it is that the war on terror is the absolute, number 1 priority in this country. Even the costs of a small "dirty bomb" will run into the trillions of dollars if it happens in a large city like LA, Chicago, New York, Miami, etc.

If any of you guys own your own businesses, you'll know exactly what I mean, with costs for all types of insurance going thru the roof, if you can even get it.
http://www.ccc.nps.navy.mil/si/aug02/homeland.asp

Just the lost wages in New York City between 2001 and 2002 was $28 billion.
This is a dry but great read on the effects of wages in Manhattan, the burroughs and Staten Island.
http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2004/06/art1full.pdf

I can post tons more info to back up my claims but I doubt many of you will even bother to look at these.

I know it is just not as neatly packaged as a John Kerry standing behind a podium lying his big, fake teeth off - with people chanting, we were lied to, we were lied to.
NO, you were told the truth. You just can't handle the truth.
icon10.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Back