COP coils interchange and P0926 and P0471

olddavid

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Yesterday my car just dropped a cylinder while coming home. Read the codes and #6 was the culprit. I removed it, and sure enough, it was cracked and probably arcing. I have access to a Continental and saw the coils are identical, except for the last digit, which is a "D" instead of "C". I installed it anyway, and everything seems fine. I noticed two cylinders have oil in the spark plug wells. Ordered the gasket kit this morning. Any suggestions to make the change easier? Do I do the plugs cold, while contracted metal, or hot? Plus, when code reading, I had P0926 - gear shift reverse actuator circuit low and P0471 - Exhaust pressure sensor "A" range/performance???? I assume the pressure sensor warning has to do with the exhaust sensor, but which is "A" and since when do they read pressure? I don't even know where to start on the gear actuator, as my transmission works great. The Continental parts car has all eight coils and only 56k miles before rolling over a cliff. Should I score the COP coils as backups or is that false economy? Plus, they also have an LS at this shop, but the column is gone - I was going to grab the potentiometer for my tilt wheel. What else is on an LS that will interchange on our cars? Well, that's only twenty questions, so I'll shut up and thank everyone in advance for their advice. 1998 LSC

didn't think our cars had a exhaust pressure sensor, i've never seen it.
may have been caused by emf from the coil. clear the computer and see if it comes back, probably won't.

Cleared the light, and you're right - the odd codes are gone. I grabbed the ignition coils from the Continental just to have around while also getting the door handles. Chrome is better than nothing if it ever comes to that. The weatherman says no rain so tomorrow the valve cover seals go on. I got the Motorcraft SP433 plugs to go into it, along with two O2 sensors. Its going to be a long weekend.

Members online

Back