Cooling: R&R Heater Control Valve V-8: Need how-to and picts for this job.

ptb123

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Cooling: R&R Heater Control Valve V-8: Need how-to and picts for this job.

Please respond if you've done it and give us all some good procedures (steps 1-??) with pictures and sources other than dealer for hoses. I've got the Valve from Amazon but the procedures I've read seem to be VERY complicated. I've seem different prices for the various hoses (highest at dealer!) but they don't all look the same. I'd appreciate a private response as well as a posting on LLOC.com and on LVC.com please.
ptb123@knology.net

You mean DCCV?
It's not all that hard. Just getting access is a bear. Usually have to work from the top and the bottom.
I wouldn't bother replacing hoses. I tried, but didn't get a single replacement that lined up correctly.

There are probably more detailed posts on how to do this but here is one where I mention how to do it but all the pictures are after removing the DCCV. Mine is a 2004. I have read earlier models have a different DCCV so may require different methods.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=67314

It is easy and as the instructions say, there is only one screw holding the DCCV in the car and several hose clamps. All the work I had to do was from above on the front passenger side. Not hard to do at all.

Jim Henderson

Members online

No members online now.
Back