Cooling fan

gijoe

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone converted an 2001 ls hydra cooling fan to an electric one. Please let me know Mine started leaking and is very expensive to fix so figure if I was going to spend that kind of money I would switch to something that wasn't such a power robber. Thanks jeff

Jeff do a quick search I knOw one of the members had changed his. I believe there was quite a bit of custom wiring and other work involved but if you have the motivation I here it's a nice mod

^ And just for emphasis it would be a VERY good opportunity to replace the DCCV/Idler pulley/Tstat housing/Water outlet/Upper rad hose/coolant reservoir as you'll have a lot of clearance to do, you'll need to bleed the system anyway, and they all break sooner or later.

^ And just for emphasis it would be a VERY good opportunity to replace the DCCV/Idler pulley/Tstat housing/Water outlet/Upper rad hose/coolant reservoir as you'll have a lot of clearance to do, you'll need to bleed the system anyway, and they all break sooner or later.

You forgot the belt, although you pretty much have to do that to eliminate the hydraulic pump. Of course the timing chain tensioners could be replaced too.

Members online

No members online now.
Back