Coolant Outlet Connector

bschmeec

LVC Member
Reaction score
OK. I (still) have a coolant leak. So, I took my 2006 LS8 to the shop to have a leak test done. They told me I had a cracked coolant outlet connector. The shop was closed when I picked the car up and it's dark or I'd see if my assumption is correct, but can anyone confirm if this is the part I'm looking for?
2W9Z-9N499-AC - Ford Parts Giant

Thank you!

Sure, but you are wasting your time if you don't also get all the other plastic parts and replace them. You will certainly need the big o-ring for the end of that pipe, as well as the gasket at the bottom. The part does not come with either.

Have replaced this "O-ring" 2-3 times already. Believe the peice that it fits into expands over time. I replaced both the last time and its been dry since. Do it once and order at least both parts and the O-ring. Its very hard to see in back of it but wouldnt be surprised if its actually the O-ring leaking.

IMG_20221223_225141546.jpg

This is almost everything. Do it all at once. Even the factory degas bottle is still available. I was quoted $281 for the bottle.

I have a leak at the 9499n gooseneck pipe. This should be the last time I do a rebuild.

About the only thing that isn't available from the dealer... is the radiator.

DCCV is (was still available) 6 months ago. So was the aux coolant flow pump.

Members online

Back