Coolant on #6 plug

BEATZZ

LVC Member
Reaction score
I had a misfire on #6 & when I wen to change it, there was coolant in the plug well, what causes this?

I'm guessing your head gasket is probably blown. Please wait til other members chime in to confirm. Do you happen to have any pics?

Coolant in the plug well? Could be two things... cracked head or blown head gasket. More likely a blown head gasket. Is your oil milky?

oil is fine, i think what happened was that one of my boots weren't seated properly because i have a leak in on of my washer fluid hoses & it drips right down where #is, i got the plug out & it's still good

If that's the case, then get your Valve Cover Gasket ( VCG ) replaced since it let the washer fluid in. If they were good, then it wouldn't have done so. Just a precautionary measure. Hope it is the washer fluid hose that leaked.

I doubt the valve cover gaskets are an issue if you don't have oil in the wells. It's perfectly normal for some sort of fluid to leak into the wells if the top of the valve cover sees a size-able amount of direct fluid. This is the case with the hood seal issues causing water to get into the plug wells. The covers for the coils are not perfectly water-tight.

IF this is in-fact your problem, fix the leak and you SHOULD be good to go.

PHEW!!! Finally dried out evrything including the coil boot, & the leak was actually around the base of the wiper. There's a thin sponge like seal there & it was saturated & it was streaming directly over #6, I guess it was a matter of time before it seeped down the boot. I got lucky guys, no coils needed as of right now. Thanks

PHEW!!! Finally dried out evrything including the coil boot, & the leak was actually around the base of the wiper. There's a thin sponge like seal there & it was saturated & it was streaming directly over #6, I guess it was a matter of time before it seeped down the boot. I got lucky guys, no coils needed as of right now. Thanks
BEATZZ, how did you replace that foam seal around the wiper? Mine misfires everytime there's a heavy rain, and I figured out (I hope) that it's that seal. I tried to replace mine a couple of weeks ago but I couldn't figure out how to get those little retainer pins or whatever they call them out of the plastic trim and then couldn't get the wiper arms off. It almost seems like it needs a puller of some sort. How did you do it? Thanks!

BEATZZ, how did you replace that foam seal around the wiper? Mine misfires everytime there's a heavy rain, and I figured out (I hope) that it's that seal. I tried to replace mine a couple of weeks ago but I couldn't figure out how to get those little retainer pins or whatever they call them out of the plastic trim and then couldn't get the wiper arms off. It almost seems like it needs a puller of some sort. How did you do it? Thanks!

I didn't have to replace the entire seal, but there's a layer of foam right beneath the wiper & if it it's sagging from saturation or just distorted, I simply applied clear rtv waterproof sealant all the way across the foam trim. We had another storm the day after I realized what was going on & there are no leaks...:)

Members online

No members online now.
Back