Coolant leak

kingrichard

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I found that I was loosing coolant onto my driveway and searched in vain to find the source. I went down to the local Midas shop and they really were great about helping look for the leak. Well, they couldn't find the source either, So, off to the local Caddy dealer to pay an arm and a leg. After preasurizing the cooling system, they found a crack or pinhole in the block at the #3 cylinder, just above the transmition bracket. Now, the car runs fine so I know the problem is only with the water jacket. My ride, 2001 SLS, only has 76,000 miles and is well kept. Has anybody out there exsperianced anything similar or is this a one in a million shot? :eek:

I'm going to put in some "Stop Leak" but I'm real reluctant about putting this crap in my cooling system. If that doesn't work I'll have the block welded. :(

I dumped my 1997 Lincoln Conti for this Caddy due to the many unexsplained problems that arose due my breif ownership. Any profound words available for a dejected caddy owner? :gr_hail:

A very real THANKS to the guys at Midas in Concord, New Hampshire for going above and beyond the call, all for no charge! (It cost $82.00 at the dealer to troubleshoot for 15 minutes). :)

Hi Folks,
Happy Holidays. I put that stop leak stuff, aluminum particles suspended in a viscose solution, and it appears to have stopped the leak for now. I never would have though that stuff actually worked. I'll blog you all in the New Year!

King Richard

hey king richard i also had a coolant leak on my 02 sts which came out of nowhere while i was driving on the highway back from boston the "check coolant level" came up.. first i thought that the coolant level was just low but after i filled it with the dextrol sol.. it said it again and my engine was smoking., turned out to be a blown water pump and lower upper radiator hose..who knew..just got it back yesterday and she sounds great. just hope nothing else goes wrong ive had her for about7 months and nothings gone wrong but that!

Members online

No members online now.
Back