coolant leak from hose on 8B502 assembly

jokken

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
i was about to post a question but I think I found my solution.

i know there are tons of posts about this part already. this is on a v6 3.0l 2000 LS 5spd (mfg date 11/99).

still maybe some one could help me find just the hose I'm in need of, off of the 8B502 assembly. (rather than me having to buy the whole assembly again)

this is the hose in question:
hoseassembly1.jpg

the version of this hose I need is (I believe) 5/8in on the lower radiator side and 3/4in on the assembly side (you can see where it flares to 3/4in)

When I replaced this assembly some time ago I couldn't get the lower end of this hose off and the old hose wouldn't work because it wasn't 3/4in on the assembly side, it was only 5/8in there (the old assembly was different). So I cut it and coupled the new hose on the assembly side to the old hose on the lower side (right around where the red arrow is.

I used one of these plastic couplers:
5-8coupler.jpg

in a few months the coupler snapped and blew out all my coolant (the day after I had a coolant flush and $30 new coolant) and the car over heated. right now I have another plastic coupler in there. But I am risking another blow out.

I was going to ask if anyone knew of any metal couplers, since I couldn't find any. But now I found this:
5-8couplermetal.jpg

Dorman part#56438 (rockauto and advance auto parts)

does anyone think this metal coupler won't work?
does anyone have access to this whole hose or something similar: 5/8 flared to 3/4 and about 2 feet long?

thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back