Coolant bleeder valve

Lincoln LS

1. C. Thomas

C. Thomas New LVC Member

I recently bought a 2000 Lincoln ls. I knew there were issues when buying. The coolant bleeder valve being 1 of the issues. I found where the bleeder valve was supposed to be, but instead i found a hose and/or a hose end with a bolt and hose clamp. So my question is, does the bleeder valve connect directly to to coolant reservoir or degas bottle? If it does, is it supposed to be putting in or taking out coolant, or is the nipple on the coolant tank a plug?

2. FDR

FDR Dedicated LVC Member

Sounds like they stripped the bleeder screw and "replaced" it. The bleeder hose hangs off the reservoir, but doesn't connect to it. It's a plastic screw in an end cap, so I'm betting that bolt is now the screw you need to loosen/remove to bleed.

The reservoir has two nipples. One is open, the other is sealed and just hangs the bleeder tube

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • joegr

joegr Dedicated LVC Member

• Like Like x 1
      • 04_Sport_LS

04_Sport_LS Dedicated LVC Member

It is there to purge air from the system. If there is no air in the system... it will "put out" coolant.