Cool headlight mod (at least I think so)

they should do a DIY tint for those ambers

You could but have to cut the unit open.

Careful starfox. I was denied inspections ( they do it every year at the DMV here ) for my side markers being to dark so I bleached them and passed. I then dyed them again and got pulled over. Was going to fight he 60$ ticket since its handled during inspections but apparently the DOT wants cops ( especially in Florida and Cali ) to start cracking down and had no way of winning.

Apparently its something that has been a big problem lately and may be enforced more in certain areas than others.

You could but have to cut the unit open.

Careful starfox. I was denied inspections ( they do it every year at the DMV here ) for my side markers being to dark so I bleached them and passed. I then dyed them again and got pulled over. Was going to fight he 60$ ticket since its handled during inspections but apparently the DOT wants cops ( especially in Florida and Cali ) to start cracking down and had no way of winning.

Apparently its something that has been a big problem lately and may be enforced more in certain areas than others.

thats strange. well im glad you shared your experience so I will watch out. Luckly I have Never seen a DOT cop in Cape Coral and I have lived here my entire life. I only see them on highway near the truck weigh stations. We never have inspections here though. If they are going to crack down on saftey things here, they should make the people who put 40 inch tires and jack up there trucks 3 feet illegal first.

what about just putting a 3156 bulb (single filament same as used in the taillamp signal) in replacement of the 3157?

i think i might tinker with this after work

Yeah, or you can cut the leads off the 3157 bulb. What I did on a prev. car was bend the inner filament leads to connect to the outer filament leads, so both would light up for the blinkers. Ta-da no running lights and brighter blinkers! (and if you screw it up it's just a 99c bulb...)

thats strange. well im glad you shared your experience so I will watch out. Luckly I have Never seen a DOT cop in Cape Coral and I have lived here my entire life. I only see them on highway near the truck weigh stations. We never have inspections here though. If they are going to crack down on saftey things here, they should make the people who put 40 inch tires and jack up there trucks 3 feet illegal first.

DOT Cop?

The DOT has the power to make up rules that local law enforcement and inspections stations must enforce. Not saying they always will enforce or are half the time even aware.:rolleyes: :D

DOT Cop?

The DOT has the power to make up rules that local law enforcement and inspections stations must enforce. Not saying they always will enforce or are half the time even aware.:rolleyes: :D

Yeah cars that say DOT on the side....not cop, my bad.

definitely cant just plug a 3156 in up front. or atleast not without modifying the bulb or socket. tried the method with the minor wire and swapped in clear bulbs front and rear for the signals and i love how subtly it cleaned it up.

definitely cant just plug a 3156 in up front. or atleast not without modifying the bulb or socket. tried the method with the minor wire and swapped in clear bulbs front and rear for the signals and i love how subtly it cleaned it up.

Pics??

Not illegal...There is alot of glare from the camera so the ambers are a little bit darker in person.
mc91ue.jpg

29bysr5.jpg

2u45y4x.jpg

21jc9ro.jpg

33mlt1d.jpg

Here are my tail lights. They are 02 tails but I took the middle bulbs out. It almost looks like an 03 at night. The four tail lights just reminds me of an older honda accord: only when they are on at night.
2mrxkat.jpg

I removed trunk bulbs too, long time ago, looks 10xs better. hate those things.

Maybe cars with running lights grew on me over the years but IMO it looks stupid without them on while the low beams are on.

Dont flow.

I don't mind running lights...I just HATE amber lenses...I was considering painting over the amber side marker and leaving only a quarter sized area unpainted that way it can still light up (for legal purposes) but won't be an eyesore

dude, wheerrrrrrrre did you get those projector lites for your ls, i have a 2003 lincoln ls v8 and i have searched endlessly for projector lites for mine and could not find them anywhere

dude, wheerrrrrrrre did you get those projector lites for your ls, i have a 2003 lincoln ls v8 and i have searched endlessly for projector lites for mine and could not find them anywhere

I made them from cadillac xlr projectors

Members online

No members online now.
Back