convertor stall for street strip stock 96 going with 4.10 gears

joepin

New LVC Member
Reaction score
best brand and stall for mostly street and some strip stock 96 mk viii with 50-75 shot nitrous
tks for info

I wouldn't do both. If you are going to put 4.10's in the rear... I wouldn't mess with the factory TC stall rpm... but probably put a better converter in with the factory stall or lower.

You do realize that with those gears... your 55mph cruising rpm will be close to 3000 rpm.

Kinda negates the need for a high stall converter... and you will probably lose some of your launch torque.

I did the same thing over 30 years ago with a rear drive Mopar that had a healty 318 in it... and 4.10's It would almost lift the front wheels off the ground at launch. Top speed was only around 90mph.

Some of this depends on the final drive ratio of the transmission. You might be better off going with 3.73 or 3.55 gears and a moderately high stall converter... or factory stall depending on what your end goal is.

tks had a 96 cobra long time ago had votech blower and had 4.56 gears in it made ove 500hp at wheels gotta get that 4000lbs moving was a lot of fun

Members online

No members online now.
Back