Control Arm Bushings, etc. LS V8

gobigdog

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2002 Lincoln LSE V8 and have many suspension bushings going bad at the same time. Does anyone sell a complete suspension bushing kit for the 2002 Lincoln LS? Thanks,

Nope not that I know of, I had to replace just about everything. I would say just find a junk yard with a good ls and take the parts from there.

If you find a junkyard that has one, let me know where it is after you get what you need. I haven't seen any in the junkyards down off 84 and a friend of mine tried one up in Palm Beach and still nothing.

Are you replacing the control arm or the bushings? If you are replacing the bushings, this is what I would do. No they don't make a complete kit for our cars. This has been covered plenty of times and I think someone even emailed engerysuspension also. If you are just replacing the bushings, measure it and then go to energysupensoin's website and see can you find a replacement. This is what a few of us have done with the swaybar bushings. Going to a junkyard for a part like that to me is a waste. You don't know the condition of that bushing and who knows, as soon as you get it on it may crap out on you. The stock bushings if i'm not mistaken are made out of rubber and if it's been sitting there for a while then nine times out of ten it may be dry rotted. I plan on doing this to my car when I get home from deployment. I think it will be worth your effort to go that route. Just my two cents.

Going to a junkyard for a part like that to me is a waste.

100% Accurate ! U dont buy bushings in a junkyard, and if u buy a control arm at a junkyard u still should replace bushings.
Now, Ive seen a thread where those red sway bar bushings are but I cant find it now. And as of the control arms bushings seems like the only way is to measure them and find them.

Thanks for the response and the junkyard idea, Fred. The cost of all of those new parts is scary.

no kidding, use some common sense.
the more expensive the car was new, the more expensive the replacement parts are.

hopefully you can help i have a 02 Lincoln ls and i have had alot of problems ive done replced both window regulators and now i have to replace the entire rear control arm assembly . could really use advice, ive looked every where to see if i could just replace the bushings and im finding out that i would have to replace the entier upper and lower control arm, ball joint, and all that crap. I really ahte to buy all these expencive parts if there is a different solution. Please give me any advice!

hopefully you can help i have a 02 Lincoln ls and i have had alot of problems ive done replced both window regulators and now i have to replace the entire rear control arm assembly . could really use advice, ive looked every where to see if i could just replace the bushings and im finding out that i would have to replace the entier upper and lower control arm, ball joint, and all that crap. I really ahte to buy all these expencive parts if there is a different solution. Please give me any advice!

Gotta buy the complete arm assembly.:(

Yep done been there and done that. Had to replace a whole knuckle in the rear due to a ball bearing wearing out. Now here's something you can do if you have the time and resources. Take the piece off that has the bushings that needs to replace and measure them. Then go to www.energysuspension.com and see if they got the size and have it pressed in. It's a little work but it has been talked about before but no one has really put the effort into it. I need to replace some things on my car as well and plan to before I put the new shocks, Eibach springs and new wheels on.

Google 'polyurethane bushings' and find several places that have catalogs with pages of generic bushings. You'll be able to find replacements for your damaged items.

Another possibility is to look at 'Delalum' suspension parts. They manufacture suspension components made of delrin and aluminum. These are high-performance pieces and you will sacrifice some of the softness in your ride.

KS

Just ordered this kit Thursday from Ebay along with a set of lower control arms in a separate purchase. Ebay item number: 270696092132

Members online

No members online now.
Back