Control arm bushing

L_King

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well of course as soon as I get the wheels on the bushing on my passenger lower control arm fails. So now the pass wheel pokes right.

Well I know it's about 250 for a control arm, plus a new alignment. I would like to replace just the bushing but I am having a difficult time finding it other than on eBay. Anyone ever done just a bushing? Anyone know where to get one?

Sooner or later...I gotta do my uppers myself. 2002 LINCOLN LS V8 (3.9L)

001.jpg

I'm gonna have to replace my Front Uppers real, real, soon. It's almost making my teeth hurt, everytime
I run over a little stone or pebble, not to mention those lane bumps "JEEZ-LOUISE". Luckily I already got
the both Front Upper Control Arms from Amazon, since they don't offer just the Ball-Joints itself.

I "think" it might be different for lowers. You may not need to buy the control-arms, only the ball-joints.
I'd check the Amazon "comments posted" for the specific parts you need, if you haven't done so.

001.jpg

I did it with 3 hands and not removing a thing besides the strut cover.

My knuckle still hurts with satisfaction.

Someone recently bought just the large bushing for the lower arm. I think you can find it on eBay for the Jags. No dice on the small bushing.
I did full arm replacements on mine.

Members online

Back