Conti won't start

Conti94

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I got up this morning to go to school, and the car would not start. It sounds like the starter. Or maybe not enough spark. Distributor maybe? Anyways, it is not the battery, the charge indicator on the Dash says it's fine, and I know it is'nt the Alternator because it is only a few months old. I had a rough idle a while ago, but I fixed it. Turned out to be an O2 sensor. Could it be a fuel problem?? any suggestions are appreciated.

I will check the fuel filter tonight. Could be a very clogged filter. I hope it is. It still is not starting. It cranks real slow to. A bad pump would not make sense since the pump is not even a year old. I wonder if it is the starter, or the Distributor, I will have to check them out tonight.

Could slow cranking without ignition mean a bad starter??

Slow cranking could be a battery getting ready to go, my Continental did that once!!!!

pepperman said:
Slow cranking could be a battery getting ready to go, my Continental did that once!!!!

Thats a possibility, but when a battery dies, it usually does not crank at all, it just clicks. Or at least in my experience thats how it always was.

Although, if the battery still has just enough voltage in it to make the starter somewhat turn, but not enough to start the car..... hmmmm.

Bitterly cold weather will drain a battery, get a jump start Conti!!!!

Turned out to be the battery, it's replaced and the car runs again. I really did not expect it to be just the battery. I am glad it was. Thanks for the help everyone.

Members online

No members online now.
Back