Confused about Sway Bar Bushings!

RequestingFlyBy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
What's Up guys? I have a few questions about the sway bar bushings on a 2000 LS w/ sport suspension. I searched, but I am more confused. I know that Ford has changed the sway bar with the molded on bushings. Some people have changed the bushings with the poly ones (30mm from energy suspension 9.5171). Buying the new sway bar for $100 is no problem, but paying the dealer $380 (actual quote) to install it is out of my price range right now since this is not a safety issue and more of an annoyance. My first question is can the poly bushings mentioned above be installed in my LS? The poly bushings are greasable. How often do they have to be greased? Is this a job I can tackle myself over a weekend? Does anyone have detailed pics/instructions for this install on a pre '03 LS? Do you think it's worth replacing the bushings with the poly ones, or just saving for the new sway bar replacement? I appreciate any help and thank you in advance for your reponses. Sorry for the long post.

The procedure for the 00-02 should be identical to the 03-06
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=33676&highlight=swaybar
It may actually be easier on the 00-02 because those did not have the molded bushings.

These are greasable and probably only need to be greased up once a year. You can have someone do it while you get your oil changed. Most places have the grease fittings as some other cars have parts that need to be greased on intervals from the factory.

Members online

No members online now.
Back