Condensation in the Lens

John_971

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just bought a 2000 LS. And the condensation in the lens of the passenenger head lamn will not go away. Any answeres?
John_971 :L

John_971 said:
Hi,
I just bought a 2000 LS. And the condensation in the lens of the passenenger head lamn will not go away. Any answeres?
Our Mark VII's are notorious for the driver's side lense taking in water and not letting it drain out. The first bump in the road you hit splashes water up and onto your 300 degree high intensity bulb and it shatters. I drilled minute holes in my lense to correct the problem.

oldschool2009a.jpg

John_971 said:
Hi,

You can do one of two things. Go to the dealer and have them replace it for around $300 or have someone fix it. The fix includes pulling the headlight apart and re-sealing it. Actually, you can do this yourself if your the DIY'er. Here are the instructions:

1. Take the headlight out and remove all bulbs and the harness.
2. Remove the three clips on the bottom of the headlight
3. Pre-heat your oven for 250 degrees
4. Place your headlight in the oven for 5-7 minutes (that's right, put your headlight in the oven)
5. Using gloves remove the headlight and use your finger to press the edge where the clear part meets the black part of the headlight. You should hear the grey glue making a "squishing" noise. This means the glue is re-sealing.
6. After the headlight cools off take some high heat black RTV sealant and put a bead around the headlight where the clear and black part meets. This will ensure a tight fit.
7. Once the sealant has set up then re-install the headlight, bulbs and harness.

This should fix your problem unless you have a small crack in the housing itself.

I have a brand new set of Lincoln LS headlights that have bulbs and harnesses I'll sell for $250 plus shipping. That's a fraction of what the dealer wants for them.

Hope this helps,
Ken

Members online

No members online now.
Back