Computer help

ketyokeinnor

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently started using Windows XP Pro x64 on my computer, I realized thismorning that my Ford CDs won't work. i get ther error "The image file F:\INSTALL.EXE is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine." I tried a few things but can't get it to work.(tried changing compatibility on the installer, using the Add or Remove programs wizard).

Does anyone have these working on XP x64?

go to a 32 bit OS to see if it works. if it does then it probably a compatability issue that you are having.

It worked on this computer under regular windows XP pro...what i think so far is the installer or some of the components on the ford cd are actually 16-bit. x64 has a 32-bit emulator (but not a 16-bit)built in. From what I've seen 32-bit windows did have a 16-bit emulator. So maybe if i can find a 3rd party one it'll work.

For now the simple fix will be install it on my 32-bit server, and Remote Desktop connection to it form my computer.

It works on the server...most of the programs appear to be 16-bit. I think this was to keep system requirements at a minimum. Runs fine even on my ancient webserver.

Server specs
-150 Mhz PI
-170Mb RAM
~20gb HDD (4 x 4.2Gb)
-Windows server 2003

Members online

Back