Common problems and what I have seen in only two weeks.

Omegaman

LVC Member
Reaction score
Bought a 1996 Lincoln Continental with some known and unknown problems. First what a shock....bad front air bag suspension, got a conversion kit from strutmasters on eBay new in box but had been busted open package at warehouse all four corners about $350, installed the front struts and coils, will soon do the rear ones but as of yet I just hit the reset button to clear the warning message. Replaced a non-functioning wiper washer motor- $15 at autozone. The lame stereo was a stock unit with....cassette and a amp subwoofer system, Got the replacement unit from Sonic Electronix and got only what I really needed it has CD, AM/FM, sirrus, Bluetooth, USB, MP3 jack,....however as most of you know as I didn't I needed a front to rear wiring harness and my best buy was of NO help, but John at Sonic was so very helpful and sent me one at a cut rate price and noticed that they had not sent out a dash install kit ....even though it is double din it still needed a kit to keep it in the dash and he thru that in. Got it to me in two days. AWESOME! My Conti is in great shape with 94000 has a cloth top which I applied 303 on today,had some lose stitching so I tacked it down with upholster thread in a few spots and used a special glue that I hope will hold down the edge between the tack stitches. The top is Navy blue,white body with red pinstripes has alloy wheels and blue leather interior. Next job to be done is blend door actuator as winter is nearly apon us....well the heater will work but holding to a temp is iffy and probably will fail at -20 if I just let it go. Since I had been lurking a bit here I know all these things are typical problems.and so far I am happy to deal with these things...wife calls it " therapy" as I enjoy tinkering. Will post a picture or two soon ...as of yet I haven't taken any:rolleyes:. Will see ya later!

Members online

No members online now.
Back