Combination Pad

Not sure you can set it, but the code is on the trunk hinge on the driver's side.

You can set it to something else, but you need the factory code in order to do that. It might be on the passenger side sun visor. I think I've seen it there on other Fords. not sure about the MK 7. I know for a fact it came from the factory on the trunk hinge like gadget said. Maybe it is on the right side hinge? Maybe somebody pulled it off? Keep Lookin'

1989 Mark 7 said:
I can't remember how to set the comb. on the the door. HELP!!!!! btw again my car is a 1989 Linc. Mk. VII :steering

Did you find the original code yet?

If your original code is 12345 then:
enter 123452
enter the new five digit code like 54321
wait 6 seconds or until the keypad light goes out
enter the new five digit code
enter 4 to unlock the passenger door
enter 5 to unlock the trunk
enter 8 and 9 simultaneously to lock the doors
enter ten to pop the hood

The code will definetly be on the brain of the thing. I am pretty sure it is located in the trunk of a Mark VII. Also, I have never tried it, but I have never heard of pressing the # 10 after you enter your code will pop your hood. I don't think there is a solenoid there to do that.

thamarkman said:
Also, I have never tried it, but I have never heard of pressing the # 10 after you enter your code will pop your hood.
Mark VII humor.
:)
Our keypads read:
1/2 3/4 5/6 7/8 9/0

5 digit code is on a sticker on the side of the
Keyless entry module -- in the trunk
pull foward panel down -- look up on the bottom of the
rear package tray ( shelf ) where the speakers are mounted --
on the rh side ( passenger ) is a black box
with a sticker on the left side with the 5 digit code on it
can then use it to set your own code following previous instructions
by oldschool1

Black87LSC said:
Mine is on the driver's side trunk hinge, facing out.
Cool.
Please note that it's a good chance that your module was once replaced and the new sticker placed there.

Our stock stickers are on the passenger's side hinge of the decklid.

That is unless you own a right drive. Then your sticker is in the stock position :)

OldSchool1 said:
Cool.
Please note that it's a good chance that your module was once replaced and the new sticker placed there.

That is unless you own a right drive. Then your sticker is in the stock position :)

Maybe it is on the passenger side, I still haven't re-registered my mark for the summer yet so it's been a while... It's on one of the hinges, I remember that much! LMAO

OldSchool1 said:
Cool.

CORRECTION!!!!! I took my car out for a ride today, and I just had to see where the tag was. It IS on the passenger side hinge, facing in... OldSchool knows his $hit!!!

Black87LSC said:
CORRECTION!!!!! I took my car out for a ride today, and I just had to see where the tag was. It IS on the passenger side hinge, facing in... OldSchool knows his $hit!!!
Only becasue I'm full of it.

You are well schooled

OldSchool1 said:
Only becasue I'm full of it.
Old School, I have read all of these threads for the past 3 hours and I have learned a great deal. I appreciate, along with the others, all that you have shared. I love understanding how my vehicle works and don't appreciate being over-charged nor taken advantage of. This site is empowering. Thanks. :yourock:

Some dealerships used to slip a card with the master code on it inside the packet of documents they gave the new owner. If you are lucky enough to have all the documentation on your car, look for the card. My stock sticker is still on the inside of the passenger side trunk hinge.

runfox said:
Old School, I have read all of these threads for the past 3 hours and I have learned a great deal. I appreciate, along with the others, all that you have shared. I love understanding how my vehicle works and don't appreciate being over-charged nor taken advantage of. This site is empowering. Thanks. :yourock:
You're welcome.

Thanks for sharing my hobby with me.

Members online

Back