Colours

Limey

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My '92 LSC is dark metallic green. Looks like there's a bit of pearl in it too.

Question is, how rare is it? It's just that I keep seeing loads of bergundy, black, and gold cars in the galleries but never this green.

It is a nice colour though. Where do I find the paint code and does anyone know the correct name for the colour?

I have a patch that needs re-doing on a front arch. Looks like it will be hard to match though.

Limey said:
My '92 LSC is dark metallic green. Looks like there's a bit of pearl in it too.

Question is, how rare is it? It's just that I keep seeing loads of bergundy, black, and gold cars in the galleries but never this green.
Read: http://www.thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/specifications/1992/LSC/1992LSCSpecifications.pdf
Only FORD knows how many green Marks were produced and they're not telling :) If 25% of the Lincoln Mark VIIs produced in 1992 were that color then less than 1200 left the factory that way. Take into consideration at least 50% of that number has been destroyed in accidents or lack of maintenance and that would leave approximately only 600 left world wide. This is only speculation, mind you, based on a total production number (5,439) Mark VIIs built in that year.
Limey said:
It is a nice colour though. Where do I find the paint code and does anyone know the correct name for the colour?
On the vehicle certification label in the driver's side door frame. The color code is PA, also known as Deep Jewel Green Metallic ClearCoat.
Limey said:
I have a patch that needs re-doing on a front arch. Looks like it will be hard to match though.
Not for the people at http://paintscratch.com/

Thanks!
The car in that pic looks exactly like mine!

You're welcome.
Get yourself a digital or even a disposable camera and take plenty of pictures the way the car is now so that you'll have before pictures to compare your after pictures to and post them here.

Also, we just never get enough of looking at Marks :)

OldSchool1 said:
You're welcome.
Get yourself a digital or even a disposable camera and take plenty of pictures the way the car is now so that you'll have before pictures to compare your after pictures to and post them here.

Also, we just never get enough of looking at Marks :)

Er, after? After what?
Luckily it's in almost perfect condition and there's nothing available over here to modify it with!

Any polishing or cleaning before or after pics. On mine I had some gross dragon stickers on the quarter windows. Should've took photos of them to remind me of the progress as I get the car put together "right" for local driving environment.

Stuff like that, makes for good conversation in the cold of Febuary.

Members online

No members online now.
Back