Cold Air Intake for the 3.0L V6 LS

Signal 20

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to be making my own. It's going to be fairly simple, but if all my calculations are correct, it should pick up a good amount of horsepower.

There are CAIs available for V6s as well, you can just buy one. I had one before but the sound didn't match the go so I got rid of it.

I am suing the one that Ken sells on his website LSkoncepts.com, Have you looked at hsi site for CAI? I am very happy with the look and fit of this CAI.

I am suing the one that Ken sells on his website LSkoncepts.com, Have you looked at hsi site for CAI? I am very happy with the look and fit of this CAI.

Just curious, why are you suing?

I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to be making my own. It's going to be fairly simple, but if all my calculations are correct, it should pick up a good amount of horsepower.

Just a cone filter will not get you a "good amount of hp". At best, during cool weather, you might get 5 or 6hp. Which equates to approx 2-3% increase at WOT. Barely perceptible. The sound, however, will be nice.

Thanks 02 for Helping with using not suing. I guess sometimes the fingers are to fast. lol

What sort of calculations have you performed? I would not expect significant gains (ie over 5%) from a true CAI on this car.
But if it makes you happy then by all means go for it. And as always, pictures are welcome (and requested).

What sort of calculations have you performed? I would not expect significant gains (ie over 5%) from a true CAI on this car.
But if it makes you happy then by all means go for it. And as always, pictures are welcome (and requested).

Has anybody tried removing the coolant lines from the upper intake? It appears on my 04 V-6 that coolant passages are cast into the upper intake near the throttle body neck. Removing these lines and hot coolant would greatly decrease inlet temperature. I'm not sure if the 3.9L has a similar set up.

Yeah I 've noticed that also on mine, but did you see that it is only there for about 3 inches of the manifold, then it goes to the overflow tank. I don't know what would happen if you bypassed the manifold. Has anyone done this and what did you notice after?

Members online

No members online now.
Back