Coils from RockAuto?

lsbit

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I know some people have mentioned this place in the past. It looks like the cheaper coil option for the v8 is marked as discontinued. Is this what everyone was ordering?

When I ordered from them there were two options and if memory serves correct, they were within a couple bucks of each other... I will look it up and see what's going on...

Hmmm $37 vs $57... not sure... what doesn't make sense is that the system still allows me to purchase, or at least put them in the cart. You might want to call them and just ask what the deal is there. Don't know. I kinda wish I bought more coils 2 months ago, but knowing my luck I'd never need the damn things...

Discontinued

I spoke to a guy at RockAuto and he said they were discontinued but they had 3 left. I ordered 1, so now there are 2 if anyone wants to grab them.

I guess the price went up as 100 were probably ordered from people reading on this forum alone. :) :)

Well, I guess we can all wipe RockAuto from the list of coil sources. After fumbling my order for a week, they now can't get me the coil at that $38.xx price. I should have known when I ordered even though I did make sure to ask them before placing the order on Monday. I didn't give them too hard of a time about it, but now I am forced to buy locally unless I want to wait another week for someone else to mess up my order.

I haven't had the best of luck with online ordering these days. :(

I spoke with Max also.

Part # 2W4Z12029BS $58.50

Retail is $100 which is what my dealer quoted me. The best I could do at my local dealer is $65.00. Max seems to be a nice guy and very helpful. He crossed a few other part numbers with me also. That coil is good for 2000-2002 LS 3.9 V8 models. They are on there 3rd or 4th revision of the coil. It used to be $52.00 then it went to $58.00, then to $100 the last two revs. Great...

He is out of stock but is planning on ordering more for Monday.

Yeah, I spoke with Max on Friday and he assured me he's getting a few in over the weekend then ordering a truckload on Monday which should be on hand monday-tuesday timeframe. I had to order 5 coils from him. VERY helpful, and I'm much appreciative to him and everyone on here that pointed me in his direction.

Max said Ford had >800 in stock currently, so backorder shouldn't be an issue.

One other quick note...although most autoparts stores will report being out of stock, or not available now, I found that Oreiley's had one in stock here for $40.00. Might be worth checking to see if someone has old stock left. Of course, the salesperson dropped mine on the floor, so we'll see if it still works. I am getting over some darn cold, so I won't check until next weekend, probably.

How are these COP's suppose to fit over/on the spark plugs? Mine are loose. Are they suppose to be snug? or is this "loose" feeling ok?\

LBK_LS said:
How are these COP's suppose to fit over/on the spark plugs? Mine are loose. Are they suppose to be snug? or is this "loose" feeling ok?\

Whats up Nick, the coil packs should be snug not loose and not real tight. They should go on with some resistance and should have some resistance coming off. Hope that helps.

On the loose ones, look at the springs, see if they look decent "coils close to each other" or spread apart, that may be the cause in the loose fitting.

LBK_LS said:

They are supposed to be snug. All mine on both cars were loose. The only ones that fit properly are the new ones I installed. You can buy the boots separately, if you want to get it right. Honestly, I haven't done that for mine yet.

Members online

No members online now.
Back